12 years on, cops release sketch of man wanted for 7 murders
- Aamir Khan responds, says 'Proud to be Indian, stand by what I said'
- GST is in the interest of the nation, says PM Modi at all-party meet
- Rescued Russian pilot says no warning from Turkey before jet downed
- 'Suit boot ki sarkar' is failing because there are no jobs: Rahul Gandhi
- BJP strategy in Parliament: Aggression is the best form of defense
Around 12 years after he allegedly killed seven members of a family and nearly five years after an arrest warrant was issued for him, the Malaut police on Wednesday finally released the sketch of a Uttar Pradesh resident wanted for the murders. While the Punjab and Haryana High Court had issued an arrest warrant against the accused, Ram Sewak of Pakhria village in UP's Farukhabad district, in 2007, police, however, have been unable to locate him. Authorities have now sought public help to apprehend him.
Of the seven victims, four were children while two were women besides another man. Police said the women had been raped before they were murdered. They were allegedly killed with sharp-edged weapons while the family was sleeping at their home in Burja village of Malaut in May 2001. Ram Sewak was arrested and in 2005, the Faridkot Session Court had sentenced him to death. The case, however, went for review in the High Court and as per Malaut DSP Manvinderpal Singh, the high court had sent the case back and directed authorities to frame charges under section 376( rape) as well.
- Post 13/11 sloganeering at Antalya and Kuala Lumpur won’t be enough
- Can Parliament be insulated from the vagaries of the political climate?
- Telescope: Aamir and Chinese whispers
- What Manmohan Singh really think about the Planning Commission?
- Going solar
- Newspaper is supposed to expose corruption and injustice wherever it finds it