120 villagers booked for attacking cops
- Matter is serious, will take action against Bhagwat Mann: Speaker
- Hooliganism going on in name of gau raksha: Gujarat Chief Secretary
- Adarsh Society case: SC stays demolition, asks Defence Ministry to 'secure' building
- SC to hear plea seeking Governor's rule in Jammu and Kashmir
- ED slaps money laundering case against former Haryana CM BS Hooda
Basti police on Wednesday registered an FIR against 10 named and 110 unidentified villagers for attacking a police team which had gone to remove road blockade on Tuesday.
Two constables were seriously injured in the attack on Tuesday and one of them has been referred to Lucknow for treatment. Villagers also damaged a police vehicle. The situation was brought under control when additional force was rushed to the spot. No one has been arrested yet. Raids are being conducted to trace the accused involved in the crime.
- Pakistan’s dependence on Saudi Arabia stands in their way against Islamic terrorism
- Protest over the demolition of Ambedkar Bhavan reveals a divided Dalit community
- Punjab’s drug problem is a national security issue
- Simultaneous elections will allow governments to devote four years for governance
- UN faces a crisis, but its new secretary general is unlikely to upset tradition
- South China Sea verdict has changed the ground rules for future engagement with China