12-year-old Dalit raped in Sitapur district
- A life full of tension is bad, spend quality time with family: PM Modi to bureaucrats
- IS leader Abu Bakr al-Baghdadi seriously wounded in US air strike: Report
- Eating beef not a fundamental right: Maharashtra govt tells High Court
- Dharamvira Gandhi removed as Parliamentary party leader of AAP
- Video: Giriraj Singh denies he met PM Modi and cried
A minor Dalit girl was raped and subsequently murdered in Sitapur district's Sadarpur area on Tuesday evening.
Her half-naked body was recovered from a secluded field. She was missing since Monday.
The Sadarpur Station Officer, M P Singh, said that the 12-year-old girl had taken her goats to the field, but did not return home.
Her father, a resident of Markhapur village, lodged a missing person report on Tuesday morning.
In the evening, a few locals found the girl's body lying in the field outside the village. Singh said the body bore injuries in private parts and the unidentified assailant had used the victim's salwar to strangle her to death. "The salwar was found wrapped around her neck. The accused is yet to be identified," he added.