12-year-old gangraped, may be pregnant: Cops
- Indrani told ex-husband if Sheena dies, we share Peter’s fortune, says Police
- Patidar Protests: Gujarat braces for a funeral as Hardik Patel heads to Delhi today
- Govt plans to set up teams of experts to quickly react to ‘negative news’
- Uttarakhand, 2 years later: A reason to smile
- Inform me of your meetings with minister Prakash Javadekar: MoeF Secretary to team
The Daresi police on Saturday arrested three people for allegedly raping a 12-year-old girl in December. Though the incident happened nearly one-and-a-half month ago, a case was registered on Friday.
The victim, a student of class 3, told the police that the accused forcefully took her to their room and raped her. She also alleged that the accused had threatened her to not reveal anything to anyone.
Though the swab test has confirmed rape, the pregnancy test report is awaited, the police said. The police would also conduct an ossification test on Monday.
"The victim had severe stomach ache, and when it turned unbearable she told her parents. The doctors revealed that she was pregnant, but we are waiting for the pregnancy test report," Sub-Inspector Sanjiv Kumar said.
Two of the accused were sent in two-day police custody, while the third accused, a minor, was sent to a juvenile home on judicial remand. The accused were produced before the court of Judicial Magistrate Kiran Jyoti on Saturday.