12-year-old gangraped, may be pregnant: Cops
- WB election: Heavy violence reported in Basanti between TMC, RSP workers
- UPA must answer who received kickbacks in Agusta deal, says Manohar Parrikar
- Adarsh housing society scam: Demolition order a setback for Congress in Maharashtra
- Lenders begin auction of brand Kingfisher, trademarks
- Middleman Michel claims he signed nothing, records show he did — on ‘payoffs’
The Daresi police on Saturday arrested three people for allegedly raping a 12-year-old girl in December. Though the incident happened nearly one-and-a-half month ago, a case was registered on Friday.
The victim, a student of class 3, told the police that the accused forcefully took her to their room and raped her. She also alleged that the accused had threatened her to not reveal anything to anyone.
Though the swab test has confirmed rape, the pregnancy test report is awaited, the police said. The police would also conduct an ossification test on Monday.
"The victim had severe stomach ache, and when it turned unbearable she told her parents. The doctors revealed that she was pregnant, but we are waiting for the pregnancy test report," Sub-Inspector Sanjiv Kumar said.
Two of the accused were sent in two-day police custody, while the third accused, a minor, was sent to a juvenile home on judicial remand. The accused were produced before the court of Judicial Magistrate Kiran Jyoti on Saturday.
- India comes across as trying to compete with China by being China
- Why a book on India is seen to be unbuyable in Islamabad
- Why is the BJP pushing itself so aggressively to appropriate Ambedkar now
- The immortality of Don Quixote
- Patenting software is no more a part of Digital India than is patenting arithmetic
- India’s jobless growth is undermining its ability to reap the demographic dividend