12-year-old gangraped, may be pregnant: Cops
- Supreme Court strikes down Section 66A, says it violates right to speech
- Pakistan Day: PM greets, MoS VK Singh tweets #disgust
- DK Ravi's death: Govt calls in CBI, tells court he had a ‘relationship’ with batchmate
- Mufti Mohammad Sayeed says will take Army into confidence on AFSPA
- 1987 Hashimpura massacre: The photographs that stand witness
The Daresi police on Saturday arrested three people for allegedly raping a 12-year-old girl in December. Though the incident happened nearly one-and-a-half month ago, a case was registered on Friday.
The victim, a student of class 3, told the police that the accused forcefully took her to their room and raped her. She also alleged that the accused had threatened her to not reveal anything to anyone.
Though the swab test has confirmed rape, the pregnancy test report is awaited, the police said. The police would also conduct an ossification test on Monday.
"The victim had severe stomach ache, and when it turned unbearable she told her parents. The doctors revealed that she was pregnant, but we are waiting for the pregnancy test report," Sub-Inspector Sanjiv Kumar said.
Two of the accused were sent in two-day police custody, while the third accused, a minor, was sent to a juvenile home on judicial remand. The accused were produced before the court of Judicial Magistrate Kiran Jyoti on Saturday.
The case has been registered against Lal ji Saroj, his brother Shankar Saroj and their minor friend, all residents of Shivpuri village, under section 376 of the IPC. The two accused are labourers.