13 construction workers killed in slab collapse near Pune
Thirteen construction workers were killed when a slab of an under-construction building collapsedat Wagholi near here today.
The labourers were engaged in work on the fourth floor of the building of an ayurvedic college, about 20 km from here, when the mishap occured, police and fire brigade sources said.
Fire brigade personnel were successful in rescuing one of the workers trapped under the debris.
Police said they were investigating the quality of construction materials, after which a case would be filed against the persons responsible.
Most of the victims were reportedly contract labourers from outside Maharashtra, police said.
- Six Bengal constituencies go to poll tomorrow in second phase
- Whistleblower alleged kickbacks, favours in ‘thin client’ procurement; NDA never completed inquiry
- Pune AAP volunteers all set to hit campaign trail in Varanasi
- ‘Interstate’ gang of chain snatchers held; gold worth Rs 80 lakh seized
- CBI, Army vigilance wing carry out daylong search at NDA
- Balancing Act