13 construction workers killed in slab collapse near Pune
- After arrest, Jitender Singh Tomar resigns as Delhi Law Minister
- Army begins operation near Myanmar border, kills militants involved in Manipur ambush
- Joint CP Mukesh Kumar Meena hits back, says he took charge at ACB under L-G's orders
- Congress president Sonia Gandhi accuses PM Modi of 'U-turns, falsehoods'
- UP minister booked for burning journalist to death over Facebook post
Thirteen construction workers were killed when a slab of an under-construction building collapsedat Wagholi near here today.
The labourers were engaged in work on the fourth floor of the building of an ayurvedic college, about 20 km from here, when the mishap occured, police and fire brigade sources said.
Fire brigade personnel were successful in rescuing one of the workers trapped under the debris.
Police said they were investigating the quality of construction materials, after which a case would be filed against the persons responsible.
Most of the victims were reportedly contract labourers from outside Maharashtra, police said.