13 construction workers killed in slab collapse near Pune
- If Pakistan has sympathy for Kashmiri youth, they shouldn’t provoke them to attack army camps: Mehbooba Mufti
- Dhaka cafe attack mastermind, 2 others killed in police encounter
- Rio 2016 review: What they did at home, what in Olympics
- Buzz of change in Maldives, Mohammed Nasheed flies secretly to Lanka
- Kashmir: Police constable shot dead by terrorists
Thirteen construction workers were killed when a slab of an under-construction building collapsedat Wagholi near here today.
The labourers were engaged in work on the fourth floor of the building of an ayurvedic college, about 20 km from here, when the mishap occured, police and fire brigade sources said.
Fire brigade personnel were successful in rescuing one of the workers trapped under the debris.
Police said they were investigating the quality of construction materials, after which a case would be filed against the persons responsible.
- Dalits are angry about the hollowness of the current hyper-nationalism
- Atal Bihari Vajpayee’s slogan of 'insaniyat, Kashmiriat' has no meaning today
- Kejriwal’s attention is fixed on winning the Centre rather than making mohallas run better
- Inside Track: Turf tussle
- In Kashmir, so-called solutions are riddled with contradictions and divisions
- Why personal, social and political self-identification of Dalits must count more than legal nomenclature.