13 construction workers killed in slab collapse near Pune
- Top General speaks on 2012 troop movement: "Def Secy summoned me late night, said highest seat of power was worried, troops must go back quickly"
- Telangana fallout: Governor accepts Reddy's resignation as Andhra Chief Minister
- Arvind Kejriwal writes to Narendra Modi on gas pricing, targest Mukesh Ambani again
- A day after Parliament passes Telangana bill, Hyderabad airport on red alert over letter threat
- Govt refuses security to IPL due to Lok Sabha polls, South Africa favourite to host 7th edition
Thirteen construction workers were killed when a slab of an under-construction building collapsedat Wagholi near here today.
The labourers were engaged in work on the fourth floor of the building of an ayurvedic college, about 20 km from here, when the mishap occured, police and fire brigade sources said.
Fire brigade personnel were successful in rescuing one of the workers trapped under the debris.
Police said they were investigating the quality of construction materials, after which a case would be filed against the persons responsible.
Most of the victims were reportedly contract labourers from outside Maharashtra, police said.