13 industrial projects cleared, says Partha
- Rail Budget 2015: No hike in passenger fares, Prabhu promises modern rail network
- Rail Budget: Ally Shiv Sena not satisfied, but Mulayam says Prabhu has done a 'good job'
- Rail Budget futuristic and passenger centric: PM Modi
- PDP, BJP thrash out differences; all clear for Mufti-Modi meeting tomorrow
- Hummer horror: Senior policeman suspended for secretly meeting Kerala businessman
Industry Minister Partha Chatterjee on Wednesday said the state government is likely to announce its new industrial policy during the inaugural session of Bengal Leads II at Haldia on January 15.
"Chief Minister Mamata Banerjee wants the industrial policy to be announced on January 15," Chatterjee said adding the Cabinet Committee on Industry Infrastructure and Employment has given final approval to applications of 13 companies who want to set up their units at different industrial parks in West Bengal.
"With the state government clearing the proposals, it has secured investment of Rs 2,021 crore," he said. The proposed industrial units will generate direct investment of 7,842 employment beside thousands of indirect employment.