13 outer nakas, 30 nakas in inner city on New Year eve
- Congress says Togadia spreading venom; EC seeks recording of alleged hate speech
- Proponents of Article 370 should say how it has helped J&K: Rajnath Singh
- 1984 riots: Akalis protest over Capt Amarinder Singh's clean chit to Jagdish Tytler
- Supreme Court issues notice to Goa Police, agrees to hear Tejpal's bail plea in sexual assault case
- IPL 7 Live Cricket Score, CSK vs DD: DD draw first blood, McCullum departs early
In view of the New Year celebrations, Police Commissioner Nirmal Singh Dhillon has divided the city into 12 sectors.
He said that there would be 13 outer nakas and 30 nakas in the inner city. Mobile ambulances would be parked at Kipps market, Aarti chowk, Jagraon bridge, Jalandhar Bypass and Samrala Chowk as a precautionary measure.
Dhillon asked the traffic department to be extra vigilant on the New Year eve. He said that on December 31 from 2 PM onwards, entry of heavy vehicles would be banned inside the city area. Residents would not be allowed to carry weapons on December 31.
The Police Commissioner told residents that they must dial 100 in case of any law and order problem, and for traffic-related problems, they could call at 1073. Matters related to women could be reported at 1091.
- 21-year-old dies in road mishap, one injured
- Ask Badals where is Ludhiana Metro: Bhattal to locals
- Arrests in priest murder case divide Catholic Church
- Short Change: EPFO to allot permanent account number to active subscribers by Oct 15
- India Inc profit set to grow, but margins under pressure
- Mulayam: Will amend Constitution for Muslim quota