130 accused in Kerala sex scandal
- Maharashtra: Building collapses in Thane district, several feared trapped
- Nation pays tribute to Abdul Kalam, funeral in Rameswaram on July 30
- SC bench differs on Yakub's execution, refers plea to larger bench
- 'Your indebted student': Kalam's advisor pays tribute to former President on Facebook
- Gurdaspur attack: GPS shows terror team, got drug cartel help too
The list of those who have allegedly been accused in the Paravur sex scandal, in which a minor girl was abused, has touched 130. Kerala Police sources said more names were likely to be added.
"More names are surfacing every day as we make new arrests, especially of the agents in the flesh trade. As of now, we have identified 130 persons. But the list is unlikely to halt at that figure,'' said the sources.
A few months back, the victim, a school-going girl hailing from Paravur near Kochi, had complained that her father had sexually abused her and then handed her over to an organised sex racket. She had said she was abused by various people, at different locations for over one-and-half years.
Police sources said 59 accused had already been arrested. Of these, six are women. The list of accused includes doctors, government officials, politicians, police officials and businessmen.