130 accused in Kerala sex scandal
- Winter session Day 1: Govt talks about misuse of word 'secularism', Sonia raises 'intolerance' debate
- Sheena murder: CBI seeks Interpol help, Peter Mukerjea's custody extended till Nov 30
- PPCC chief Bajwa and Jakhar made to resign as rejig in Punjab Congress imminent
- Constitution Day: The many reasons why the BJP decided to celebrate it
- India-Pakistan series to be played from December 15 in Sri Lanka: Rajiv Shukla
The list of those who have allegedly been accused in the Paravur sex scandal, in which a minor girl was abused, has touched 130. Kerala Police sources said more names were likely to be added.
"More names are surfacing every day as we make new arrests, especially of the agents in the flesh trade. As of now, we have identified 130 persons. But the list is unlikely to halt at that figure,'' said the sources.
A few months back, the victim, a school-going girl hailing from Paravur near Kochi, had complained that her father had sexually abused her and then handed her over to an organised sex racket. She had said she was abused by various people, at different locations for over one-and-half years.
- Why every patriot should be worried, and, yes, ashamed
- Douglass North emphasised institutions when markets were the focus
- ‘Bovine Divine’ controversy lurched between the horrific and the comic
- PM Modi’s achievements abroad appear to cut little ice back home
- Post 13/11 sloganeering at Antalya and Kuala Lumpur won’t be enough
- Can Parliament be insulated from the vagaries of the political climate?