13-year-old boy held on charges of raping 2 minor girls
- David Headley connects the dots: Hafiz Saeed, ISI, failed Mumbai attacks
- David Headley: Travelled to India 8 times, changed name for passport
- Rs 1.14 lakh crore of bad debts: The great government bank write-off
- Caste came up in 3 suicide probes at Hyderabad University
- Uttar Pradesh has been turned into 'Islamic state': Sena mouthpiece on Ghulam Ali concert
A 13-year old boy has been arrested on charge of separately raping two minor girls, aged 5 and 9 years, at Gyalshing in West Sikkim, police said today.
In another incident of sexual assault, a 19-year-old boy has been arrested by the police for having molested an elderly woman at Namchi in South Sikkim.
In the Gyalshing incident the 13-year old, a resident of 5th mile locality allegedly raped the 5-year-old girl at around 11 am on November 20, police said quoting the complaint later lodged by the child's mother.
The girl, who is in a serious condition, has been referred to the S T N M Hospital, Gangtok.
In another complaint filed by the mother of a nine-year girl, the same person allegedly commited the crime on the victim some days back in the same area and the matter came to light when a neighbour informed the girl's mother and the little girl broke down while corroborating, police said.
The girl was sent for medical examination.
- We have turned our back to the intense food and drinking water distress
- Strategies anchored in incubators fail to foster entrepreneurship
- Existing regime of film censorship is unconstitutional
- Section 377: A right to love
- PM Oli has been lucky, but his political survival looks uncertain
- Across the aisle- MGNREGA: Making a meal of words