13-year-old boy sentenced to 50 years imprisonment in Pakistan
- 5th phase of elections: Moderate to high turnout on biggest voting day, halfway mark crossed
- Congress releases CD of Uma Bharti calling Narendra Modi 'Vinash Purush'
- April 17 poll roundup: Rajnath says only Modi will be PM; Jaswant Singh writes to EC against Raje
- Admiral Dhowan appointed as new Navy chief
- IPL 7 Live Cricket Score, DD vs RCB: Yuvraj, Kohli power RCB to thumping win
A Pakistani court has handed down 50 years imprisonment to a 13-year-old boy for killing an under-trial prisoner in court premises earlier this year.
Anti-Terrorism Court (Gujranwala district) Judge Chaudhry Imtiaz Ali sentenced the accused yesterday for allegedly killing one Hafiz Ghias, on trial for attempted murder, on the court premises. He was also fined Rs 2 lakh.
The boy had shot dead Ghias on the court premises in Gujranwala, some 80 kilometres from here in June this year when he was to be produced before a judge in a case of attempted murder.
Ghias had attacked and injured the boy's father.
The boy told police that he wanted to take revenge from the victim for attacking his father and critically injuring him.