13-year-old girl gang-raped, senior citizen among four booked
- Highest earners in 75% rural households earned below Rs 5K: SECC
- Ex-RAW chief's revelation: Congress seeks PM's apology for Gujarat riots
- Hema Malini's car accident: Victim's family upset with BJP MP
- Kandahar operation: BJP dismisses ex-RAW chief's claims of 'goof-up'
- Gujarat HC dismisses petition against PM Narendra Modi for filing defective affidavit
A minor girl was allegedly gang-raped by two persons, including a 70-year-old man, at Kalyan in Thane district, police said.
Besides the two alleged rapists, two women were also booked in this case as they threatened the victim of dire consequences if she told anybody about the incident, police said today.
In the complaint filed with the police yesterday, the girl alleged that on December 28 last year, she was repeatedly raped by one Jaswant Bhai (70) and Nilesh More (18) at Rupa Karya's house, where she worked as a maid servant, police said.
Karya and another woman named Preeti (35) threatened the girl of dire consequences if she revealed it to anyone, police said.
Police have booked the four accused under sections 376 (2)(G), 506, rw 34 of the IPC, sections 4 and 12 of the Protection of Child from Sexual Offences act of 2012 and also Juvenile Justice Act, section 23 and 26, police said.
No arrests have been made in this connection so far and further investigation is on, police said.