13-year-old girl spoke to neighbour about harassment before suicide bid
- CBI sought part RTI exemption, Govt gave it full
- Screen Awards: Milkha, Ram-Leela and Madras Cafe dominate
- DGCA seeks fresh public objections after clearing AirAsia for take-off
- Delhi: 51-year-old Danish national alleges gangrape, 15 detained for questioning
- I wonder if I will be able to ever reunite with my husband, my kids. I miss them: Devyani
"I did not inform my family about what had transpired on the first day. In the evening, I told my family about it and the next morning we informed the girl's father," the neighbour said.
The girl's uncle said, "The child is fighting for her life in the hospital. Her condition is still critical. Police have not registered a case yet. Where do we go?"
Police said despite recording statements of students and the teacher concerned, they could not corroborate whether the girl was stripped and assaulted. An ACP-rank officer is probing the case. Deputy Commissioner of Police (Outer) B S Jaiswal said: "We are investigating the case. All allegations are being looked into."