14 cops punished for turning blind eye to illegal construction in Sainik Farms
- CBI sought part RTI exemption, Govt gave it full
- Screen Awards: Milkha, Ram-Leela and Madras Cafe dominate
- DGCA seeks fresh public objections after clearing AirAsia for take-off
- Delhi: 51-year-old Danish national alleges gangrape, 15 detained for questioning
- I wonder if I will be able to ever reunite with my husband, my kids. I miss them: Devyani
Fourteen police personnel from the Neb Sarai police station in South Delhi have been transferred to the district lines after it was found that they had been turning a blind eye to illegal constructions in the Sainik Farms area.
Sources in police said the 14 personnel were pulled up by DCP (South) Chhaya Sharma on Tuesday. The personnel, who have been punished, were posted as beat and division staff in the Sainik Farms and Neb Sarai areas. Most personnel hold the ranks of ASI, head constable or constable.
They have been asked to report to the district lines. Illegal construction activities are rampant in Sainik Farms and Neb Sarai areas.
According to police sources, the DCP's office had been receiving information about illegal construction activities. Despite the presence of beat staff, the constructions were "not detected".
"The DCP spoke to the station house officer and transferred all those on the beat who were responsible for failing to stop the illegal construction. They were also told that they would be replaced by men who would instantly report illegal construction in the area," a police source said.
An officer said that action was being taken against personnel found conniving with builders and others involved in illegal construction.
- AAP names Bharti victims, uploads eight videos targeting Africans in Delhi
- Kapil Sibal to contest from Chandni Chowk in 2014, even if Arvind Kejriwal inÂ fray
- Arvind Kejriwal likely to pass Jan Lokpal Bill in February, says the fight for new independence hasÂ begun
- â€˜Someone should remind the CM weâ€™re also aam aadmi. But theyâ€™ve turned us intoÂ demonsâ€™