14 succumb to cold in North India
- Farmer’s suicide: Family lashes out at AAP, raises doubt on suicide note
- Human resource India's biggest strength: PM Modi
- Sena-BJP sweep Aurangabad civic polls, AIMIM ahead of Cong, NCP
- Call records may nail red sandalwood killings; NHRC seeks records of personnel involved
- Amit Shah rips Rahul Gandhi for 'post-leave' noises
Tripping of power supply and low pressure of water further aggravated to the woes of the people of the region, officials said.
In the plains of Punjab and Haryana, Narnaul braved the lowest temperature with a low of 1.9 degrees celsius, which was four notches below normal.
While Bhiwani settled at a low of 3.6 degrees celsius, the minimum temperature at Hisar and Karnal was an identical 5.4 degrees celsius, one notch each below normal.
Patiala settled at a low of 5.8 degrees celsius, one notch below normal followed by 5.8 degrees celsius at Ludhiana, also one notch below normal, Amritsar six degrees celsius, Chandigarh 6.4 degrees celsius, one notch below normal and 6.8 degrees celsius at Ambala, one notch above normal.
Mercury dipped in the desert state of Rajasthan with Churu recording a minimum temperature of 1.9 degree Celsius, two degrees below normal.
Shri Ganganagar, which was the coldest place in Rajasthan yesterday recording 0.6 degree Celsius, today recorded minimum of 3.7 degree Celsius, according to Met department here.