143 nominations filed for BCA election, cricket board set for face off between Amin, Gaekwad
- CBI sought part RTI exemption, Govt gave it full
- Screen Awards: Milkha, Ram-Leela and Madras Cafe dominate
- DGCA seeks fresh public objections after clearing AirAsia for take-off
- Delhi: 51-year-old Danish national alleges gangrape, 15 detained for questioning
- I wonder if I will be able to ever reunite with my husband, my kids. I miss them: Devyani
Ahead of the Baroda Cricket Association (BCA) election, a total of 143 nominations were filed for various posts, with the present president Chirayu Amin and vice-president Samarjitsinh Gaekwad competing against each other for the top post, along with three other contenders —former cricketer Anshuman Gaekwad, Sanjay Patel and Shailesh Nagarsheth.
The BCA polls will be held on December 15. Nine members are in the race for the vice-president's post. December 8 was the last date for submitting their nomination forms. According to nomination details, Anshuman Gaekwad is also contesting for two other posts - vice-president and joint honorary secretary.
Samarjitsinh Gaekwad, who is serving as the VP, is also contesting for the post of vice-patron of the managing committee, along with three others. The contest will be held for 14 different posts, including top posts of president and VP.
This time, the contest is seen squarely between Gaekwad and Amin, who, after a long-standing camaraderie have fallen out with each other recently after the latter apparently backtracked from his promise of not contesting the polls for the top post. Land deals under Amin's presidentship had become a major bone of contention, with some members laying onus on wrong decisions taken in land purchased for the cricket stadium.