14-year-old ‘raped’ in Surat
- Ashutosh, Shazia Ilmi taken for questioning over clashes with BJP
- I am more qualified for PM post than Narendra Modi: Nitish Kumar
- Doctors in UP call off strike after Allahabad HC's intervention
- Ukraine crisis: Crimea sets referendum on whether to join Russia
- SC adjourns Centreâs plea restraining TN from releasing Rajiv killers till March 26
A 14-year-old girl who had undergone heart surgery a few months ago was allegedly kidnapped and raped by a youth in Kapodara area in Surat Wednesday night.
While the girl is undergoing treatment in SMIMER Hospital, the suspect is at large. Surat Police Commissioner Rakesh Asthaana met the victim at the hospital and assured her of justice.
As per details, the victim, who hails from Bhavnagar district, is a Class IX student and has been staying at her uncle's place here for the last six months. Her father works as a diamond polisher in his home town.
According to police, the girl left her house around 8 pm Wednesday to buy some curd from a shop nearby. On her way to the shop, she was accosted by a motorcyclist posing as a relative of her aunt. The suspect told her that her aunt had told her to bring vegetables and insisted that she sat on his bike to go to the vegetable market nearby.
The suspect, about 30 years old, allegedly drove her for around 10 km to a secluded place and raped her there. He later dropped the victim on the main road and fled.
- UP cops slap sedition charge on Kashmiri students for cheering Pak, then withdraw it
- PC’s dig at MoD: Learn from sub accidents, ‘spend wisely’
- State’s auto-hubs among ‘expenditure-sensitive’ areas for Lok Sabha polls
- ‘Kejriwal, Yogendra indulging in identity politics’
- …Will field ex-IAS Christy against K V Thomas
- In Kerala, Left backs Independent Innocent…