14-year-old ‘raped’ in Surat
- Vote for Supriya Sule or lose water, âthreatensâ Ajit Pawar
- Nobel laureate Gabriel Garcia Marquez dies at 87
- 5th phase of elections: Moderate to high turnout on biggest voting day
- Dhowan takes over as Navy Chief, superseded Sinha resigns
- Election Commission lifts ban on BJP leader Amit Shah after he promises to behave
A 14-year-old girl who had undergone heart surgery a few months ago was allegedly kidnapped and raped by a youth in Kapodara area in Surat Wednesday night.
While the girl is undergoing treatment in SMIMER Hospital, the suspect is at large. Surat Police Commissioner Rakesh Asthaana met the victim at the hospital and assured her of justice.
As per details, the victim, who hails from Bhavnagar district, is a Class IX student and has been staying at her uncle's place here for the last six months. Her father works as a diamond polisher in his home town.
According to police, the girl left her house around 8 pm Wednesday to buy some curd from a shop nearby. On her way to the shop, she was accosted by a motorcyclist posing as a relative of her aunt. The suspect told her that her aunt had told her to bring vegetables and insisted that she sat on his bike to go to the vegetable market nearby.
The suspect, about 30 years old, allegedly drove her for around 10 km to a secluded place and raped her there. He later dropped the victim on the main road and fled.
- As EC website crashes due to overload, party workers use apps to locate voters
- An entire society in Kothrud could not vote
- Chaos, anger across city over missing names
- Mulayam pushes third front, says will stake claim to PM post
- Don’t look at my candidates, votes for me: Maya to Dalits
- AAP biggies focus on Vishwas, Kejri seats, other units suffer