14-year-old ‘raped’ in Surat
- Janata Parivar Wedding: PM Narendra Modi 'showstopper' at Saifai
- Sena defends Modi suit auction, says see what amount Rahul's wardrobe would fetch
- The net widens: Top executives from five firms, two consultants arrested
- After Manjhi anti-climax, Nitish begins second act: ‘With folded hands, sorry’
- Congress yet to apologise for coal loss, says PM Narendra Modi
A 14-year-old girl who had undergone heart surgery a few months ago was allegedly kidnapped and raped by a youth in Kapodara area in Surat Wednesday night.
While the girl is undergoing treatment in SMIMER Hospital, the suspect is at large. Surat Police Commissioner Rakesh Asthaana met the victim at the hospital and assured her of justice.
As per details, the victim, who hails from Bhavnagar district, is a Class IX student and has been staying at her uncle's place here for the last six months. Her father works as a diamond polisher in his home town.
According to police, the girl left her house around 8 pm Wednesday to buy some curd from a shop nearby. On her way to the shop, she was accosted by a motorcyclist posing as a relative of her aunt. The suspect told her that her aunt had told her to bring vegetables and insisted that she sat on his bike to go to the vegetable market nearby.
The suspect, about 30 years old, allegedly drove her for around 10 km to a secluded place and raped her there. He later dropped the victim on the main road and fled.