15 car pile-up leaves 1 dead, 15 injured
- India's naval might on full display off Visakhapatnam coast
- Kerala solar scam: Had freedom to enter Chandy’s house anytime, says Saritha Nair
- Australian national suspected to be IS supporter deported from Delhi airport
- At least 39 dead as Gujarat state transport bus plunges into river
- Cops have a case for new juvenile law: boy who ‘killed 2’
A serious accident occurred on National Highway 1 on Friday early morning killing one person and injuring 15 after a truck trailer lost control and veered on to an oncoming Punjab roadways bus. The initial accident was followed by 15 more vehicles crashing into each other on both sides of the road. The accident, suspected to have been caused due to foggy conditions, occurred near Verka Milk plant following which a traffic jam could be seen on NH-1 from PAP to Vidhipur Fatak throughout the day.
The deceased was identified as Paramjit Singh, gunman of Amritsar DSP (Jails). Paramjit was travelling in a vehicle with the DSP when a car rammed into them. According to an eyewitness, Paramjit got out to see the damage and was hit by a bus coming from behind
Of the 15 injured, five were admitted to Jalandhar Civil Hospital and ten were taken to private hospitals.