15 councillors meet Mayor, highlight their problems
Around 15 councillors of zone D met Mayor Harcharan Singh Gohalwaria on Tuesday.
The meeting was called by the mayor following the councillors' allegation that their issues were not being addressed and the higher authorities were not sparing time to listen to their side of the story, said a source who was present at the meeting.
Along with regular issues of roads, sewerage problems, water supply and encroachments, another issue which dominated the meeting was the councillors' allegation against sub-divisional officers (SDOs) and junior engineers (JEs) that they use ''derogatory language and do not pick phones when called''.
"Some councillors of zone D alleged that SDOs and JEs do not pick phones and use derogatory language most of the times," said the source.
Making counter-allegations against the councillors, the SDOs and JE present at the meeting told the mayor that "it is the councillors who use derogatory language when they call them".
- Across the aisle: Misadventures of the Modi government
- The absence of ‘parivartan’ in political culture
- Why was Digvijaya Singh spotted at the VHP office?
- Out of my mind: A fractured politics
- As army’s jihadist house of cards unravels, it is causing a blowback within Pakistan
- As the focus shifts to fixing Brazil economy, its political problems are set to endure