15 MoUs signed ahead of Advantage Vidarbha
- Rahul on leave before budget session, BJP says people have already sent Cong on long leave
- 21 more deaths due to swine flu, toll reaches 833
- Anna protests against Land Acquisition Bill in Delhi, lashes out at Modi govt
- Budget: Finance Minister may announce policy plans to combat blackmoney
- Land Acquisition Act "suitably refined": President Pranab Mukherjee
About 15 memoranda of understanding (MoUs) for textile and steel projects worth over Rs 12,000 crore have been signed ahead of Advantage Vidarbha, a brand promotion programme organised by the Maharashtra government on February 25-26.
A senior government official said: "This is apart from what will result from deliberations at the two-day conference. The projects will come up mainly in Nagpur, Amravati and Yavatmal districts."
The official said: "So far, we have registered 150 participants for the programme ó 90 from Vidarbha and 60 from other parts of the country. By February 25, the figures are expected to touch 180, 100 and 80."Six sectors have been identified for attracting investment in the backward region ó textile, automobile, mining, I-T (including pharma), aviation logistics, agro-processing and tourism."