15 per cent of couples in reproductive age group suffer from some form of infertility, says expert
- Mad rush, chaos as Arvind Kejriwal takes local train to woo 'aam aadmi' in Mumbai
- SC defers hearing on Sahara's plea on releasing Subrata Roy
- Presidential delay in mercy petitions: SC won't reconsider verdict
- Lalu loyalist-turned rebel Ram Kripal Yadav joins BJP
- IAF aircraft on standby for missing Malaysian Airlines search ops
Dr Arvind Chandra, Clinical Director, Morpheus Life Sciences Pvt Ltd and an international expert on infertility was in Chandigarh at Morpheus-Chaitanya Fertility Center to conduct a fertility camp for infertile couples.
Speaking on the occasion, Dr Chandra said that estimates indicate that around 15 per cent of couples in the reproductive age group suffer from some form of infertility.
In this age group, he said, infertility is one of the biggest health issues faced by today's population.
Dr Chandra also said that there are multiple interventions available to treat infertility in couples desiring a child, IVF being the most advanced treatment for a couple seeking to fulfill this desire.
His advice to all such couples is to start the treatment process as early as possible as an early treatment process improves the chances of pregnancy.
He pointed out that internationally, IVF success rates are in the range of 30-35 per cent, but the chances of pregnancy improve for a couple when they undergo multiple treatment cycles.
Dr Chandra shared data from their German clinic which indicates that when an average of 3-4 cycles are performed the clinical pregnancy rate is in the range of 65-80 per cent.
Dr Neeraj Kumar, Managing Director, Chaitanya Hospital in his welcome speech appreciated Morpheus Life Sciences for bringing advanced infertility treatment of international standards for Indian patients coupled with attractive treatment packages.
- Rs 1.28 lakh looted at gunpoint
- Venkaiah Naidu sure of BJP crossing ‘magic figure’ in south India
- AAP candidates truly ‘aam aadmi’: Prithvi Reddy
- Bangalore fund-raiser: Dine with Arvind Kejriwal for Rs 20,000
- AAP sounds Gul Panag about Lok Sabha poll, father says decision soon
- The real high and low: Drunk cop creates ruckus in court, held