15 per cent of couples in reproductive age group suffer from some form of infertility, says expert
- Indrani told ex-husband if Sheena dies, we share Peter’s fortune, says Police
- Patidar Protests: Gujarat braces for a funeral as Hardik Patel heads to Delhi today
- Govt plans to set up teams of experts to quickly react to ‘negative news’
- Uttarakhand, 2 years later: A reason to smile
- Inform me of your meetings with minister Prakash Javadekar: MoeF Secretary to team
Dr Arvind Chandra, Clinical Director, Morpheus Life Sciences Pvt Ltd and an international expert on infertility was in Chandigarh at Morpheus-Chaitanya Fertility Center to conduct a fertility camp for infertile couples.
Speaking on the occasion, Dr Chandra said that estimates indicate that around 15 per cent of couples in the reproductive age group suffer from some form of infertility.
In this age group, he said, infertility is one of the biggest health issues faced by today's population.
Dr Chandra also said that there are multiple interventions available to treat infertility in couples desiring a child, IVF being the most advanced treatment for a couple seeking to fulfill this desire.
His advice to all such couples is to start the treatment process as early as possible as an early treatment process improves the chances of pregnancy.
He pointed out that internationally, IVF success rates are in the range of 30-35 per cent, but the chances of pregnancy improve for a couple when they undergo multiple treatment cycles.
Dr Chandra shared data from their German clinic which indicates that when an average of 3-4 cycles are performed the clinical pregnancy rate is in the range of 65-80 per cent.