15,000 participate in MS University alumni meet
- EC bans Amit shah, Azam Khan from holding public rallies after hate speech
- Congress complains to EC on Narendra Modi's marital status issue, seeks action for 'hiding facts'
- Rahul Gandhi brings up Narendra Modi's marital status at Doda rally
- PMO attacks Sanjaya Baru on his book
- April 11 Campaign roundup: Why should I condemn it, asks Deve Gowda on Mulayam Singh's 'rape' remark
Around 15,000 alumni participated in the two-day global alumni meet of MS University (MSU) of Baroda here which came to an end on Sunday evening.
The proceedings on the second day began with reunion events of Chetan Balwadi family and Experimental School family on their respective campuses. This was followed by an event for former gold medallist alumni of the varsity at C C Mehta Auditorium. Hundreds of former stars attended the meet and shared refreshed their university days with their fellow graduates and teachers and interacted with present student.
This was followed by a gathering of former elected members of MSU Students' Union at Union Pavilion in the afternoon.
The C C Mehta Auditorium again came alive in the evening as former senate and syndicate members of the varsity assembled for a meeting. The former students who had lived in hostels of the university, also got nostalgic as they visited their respective halls of residence on the varsity campus.
An event for friends of MSU, the well-wishers of the university late in the evening marked the end of the two-day gala event. Among the alumni, former teachers and vice-chancellor had attended the main event on Union Pavilion Ground on Saturday evening after faculty-level meets. The event was first of its kind in the history of the university.