15,000 placements on offer at Swabhimaan Sanghatana job fair
- This is how India trashed Pakistan's claims at UNGA
- View in Govt, party: Need to address anger on Uri attack, walk tough talk
- AAP MLA Somnath Bharti arrested by Delhi Police for assaulting AIIMS security guards
- Islamabad envoy Abdul Basit summoned, told Uri attackers came from Pakistan
- After Panama Papers, Bahamas: More Indians in secret tax haven list
A job fair organised on Wednesday by Nitesh Rane-led Swabhimaan Sanghatana announced to give 15,000 job offers in a single day.
The day-long fair, which was outsourced to Infinitum HR Consultants, promised 15,000 job placements in one day. Around 21 companies from various sectors, including IT, telecom and BPO, besides labour contractors and manufacturing received over 5,000 applications.
A number of political parties in the city have resorted to job fairs to attract youngsters in the wake of the forthcoming civic polls.
Rane, son of Industries Ministry Narayan Rane, told The Indian Express, "This has nothing to do with the elections. Other parties are copying us if they are also organising job fairs."
At the job fair that started at 10 am, companies interacted with candidates and collected their bio-datas for final selections to be held at the company office.
"This is just the screening. We will select the candidates only after final screening at our offices," said one of the human resource representatives present at the venue.
- TV channels tossed violent suggestions as casually as a peanut in the mouth
- March of the Maratha: Worryingly, agitation for quota has anti-Dalit colour
- A decade after ‘Prakash Singh’ judgement, police reform remains undone
- India must craft an appropriate military response to Pakistan
- India has not harnessed its economic success to secure better health for its citizens
- The Uri challenge: Repair structures to reduce vulnerability, provide deterrence