15,000 placements on offer at Swabhimaan Sanghatana job fair
- Gujjars intensify agitation for job quota, block Delhi-Mumbai rail track
- Video: Mumbai graduate denied job for being Muslim, Minorities Commission seeks explanation from company
- Geelani's 'incomplete' passport application cannot be processed: MEA
- Manish Sisodia launches counter-attack, says AAP govt trying to stop officers' transfer-posting industry
- 'You are the apple of my eye': Osama bin Laden's son's letter to wife
A job fair organised on Wednesday by Nitesh Rane-led Swabhimaan Sanghatana announced to give 15,000 job offers in a single day.
The day-long fair, which was outsourced to Infinitum HR Consultants, promised 15,000 job placements in one day. Around 21 companies from various sectors, including IT, telecom and BPO, besides labour contractors and manufacturing received over 5,000 applications.
A number of political parties in the city have resorted to job fairs to attract youngsters in the wake of the forthcoming civic polls.
Rane, son of Industries Ministry Narayan Rane, told The Indian Express, "This has nothing to do with the elections. Other parties are copying us if they are also organising job fairs."
At the job fair that started at 10 am, companies interacted with candidates and collected their bio-datas for final selections to be held at the company office.
"This is just the screening. We will select the candidates only after final screening at our offices," said one of the human resource representatives present at the venue.
"Our job is to give the candidates an exposure of the market. Finally, it is upto the candidate's talent to get through the job," said Ravindra Kale, mentor, Infinitum HR Consultants which has been organising job fairs for a number of political parties in the wake of the polls. The next is a job fair by Congress, he said.