15,000 placements on offer at Swabhimaan Sanghatana job fair
- In Dadri, BJP's Sangeet Som accuses UP govt of framing innocent men for lynching incident
- Sheena Bora murder case: Indrani Mukerjea regains consciousness, out of danger, says doctor
- Shashank Manohar unanimously elected as new BCCI president
- Non-declarants of foreign assets to be tried under black money law: FM
- Bihar polls: 130 candidates with serious criminal charges to contest in first phase
A job fair organised on Wednesday by Nitesh Rane-led Swabhimaan Sanghatana announced to give 15,000 job offers in a single day.
The day-long fair, which was outsourced to Infinitum HR Consultants, promised 15,000 job placements in one day. Around 21 companies from various sectors, including IT, telecom and BPO, besides labour contractors and manufacturing received over 5,000 applications.
A number of political parties in the city have resorted to job fairs to attract youngsters in the wake of the forthcoming civic polls.
Rane, son of Industries Ministry Narayan Rane, told The Indian Express, "This has nothing to do with the elections. Other parties are copying us if they are also organising job fairs."
At the job fair that started at 10 am, companies interacted with candidates and collected their bio-datas for final selections to be held at the company office.
"This is just the screening. We will select the candidates only after final screening at our offices," said one of the human resource representatives present at the venue.