15000 sq ft rangoli to mark 150th birth anniversary of Vivekananda
- Sonia Gandhi attacks BJP ideology, says Country is at crossroads
- Rahul mocks Modi, says his Gujarat development model is a toffee model
- Under fire over Baru's revelation, Congress retorts by calling 'Vajpayee the weakest PM India ever had'
- Narendra Modi, party not separate, no infighting: BJP on Joshi's remarks
- Priyanka Gandhi denies report on fighting polls against Modi
Rangoli artist Jagdish Chavan and his team have started special preparations to mark Swami Vivekananda's 150th birth anniversary on January 12, 2013.
Led by Chavan, a team of 50 students started making a rangoli on the 15,000 sq ft campus ground of the Bhartiya Marathwada College of Commerce (BMCC) on Friday. Chavan says the idea is to make more people join the 150th birth anniversary celebrations and also create awareness on Vivekananda's works among the masses.
"We began working on the rangoli on November 16 and will finish it by Sunday, November 18. About a month ago, members of the Swami Vivekananda Sardhashati Samaroh Samiti contacted me asking if we can do something about it and I readily agreed. We came up with the idea of the rangoli and creating a one-of-its-kind one," says Chavan.
Speaking about the manner in which they went about achieving this goal, he adds: "We used a total of 1,000 kg colour and 1,200 kg rangoli for the event. We approached the entire project step by step and will be finishing it soon."
In addition, the Samiti will host a number of programmes for the youth, women and rural India to mark the occasion.