15000 sq ft rangoli to mark 150th birth anniversary of Vivekananda
- SC orders completion of trial of all sitting MPs, MLAs within year of framing charges
- Still no sign of Malaysia Airlines jet lost in "unprecedented mystery"
- Raj Thackeray warms up to Narendra Modi, lets Sena feel the heat
- Rs 25,000 cr: CAG sees biggest ever J&K land scam
- Uttar Pradesh BJP wants tickets for four riot-accused MLAs
Rangoli artist Jagdish Chavan and his team have started special preparations to mark Swami Vivekananda's 150th birth anniversary on January 12, 2013.
Led by Chavan, a team of 50 students started making a rangoli on the 15,000 sq ft campus ground of the Bhartiya Marathwada College of Commerce (BMCC) on Friday. Chavan says the idea is to make more people join the 150th birth anniversary celebrations and also create awareness on Vivekananda's works among the masses.
"We began working on the rangoli on November 16 and will finish it by Sunday, November 18. About a month ago, members of the Swami Vivekananda Sardhashati Samaroh Samiti contacted me asking if we can do something about it and I readily agreed. We came up with the idea of the rangoli and creating a one-of-its-kind one," says Chavan.
Speaking about the manner in which they went about achieving this goal, he adds: "We used a total of 1,000 kg colour and 1,200 kg rangoli for the event. We approached the entire project step by step and will be finishing it soon."
In addition, the Samiti will host a number of programmes for the youth, women and rural India to mark the occasion.
- Bengal model better than Modi’s Gujarat, says Didi
- Sindhis threaten to move HC if Sindhu Sagar not cleaned
- Three RTI activists whom Kejriwal paid homage are alive
- Poojary wins Mangalore primary
- Short change: Health cover for girl child at 50% discount
- Run with the bulls, don’t lose out to foreign investors again
- BJP boycotts NDTV over news gaffe | The Indian Express
- AAP workers stage protest outside Kejriwal’s residence over ticket distribution
- Out of the promised 50,000 homes for the poor, not even 50 constructed in Gujarat by BJP: Kejriwal
- BJP complains to EC against Rahul over RSS remarks, seeks derecognition of Congress