15-year-old girl to be honoured for resisting rape bid
- Nitish trying to cheat Bihar, says Modi; CM replies PM disturbed with falling Sensex, GDP
- Manipur violence: Toll up to eight, three killed in police firing
- India script history, register first series win in Sri Lanka after 22 years
- Sheena, Mikhail my children, ready to undergo DNA test: Siddharth Das
- Market loses its nerve on weak GDP, Sensex tumbles 587 points
A teenaged girl who had successfully resisted a rape bid will be honoured in Bihar on Republic Day.
Madhepura district administration will honour the 15-year-old girl, who had warded off a youth's attempt to rape her when she was alone at her home in Kusthani village on Wednesday, official sources said on Friday.
District police superintendent Saurav Kumar Sah said the girl put up a brave defence and attacked the 19-year-old youth with a sharp weapon, injured him and forced him to flee.
An FIR was later registered at Udaikisunganj police station based on the girl's statement.