15-year-old girl to be honoured for resisting rape bid
- Parliament LIVE: Snooping on Rahul not right, says Congress; 'Asking for facts is not snooping'
- Waste paper to phone use: Govt revives checklist against leaks
- 14 booked for church vandalism in Haryana, cross replaced with Hanuman idol
- Pakistan: Protesters hit the streets after blasts near Lahore churches leave 15 dead
- No arrests in Bengal nun ‘rape’, church attack, local Christians nervous
A teenaged girl who had successfully resisted a rape bid will be honoured in Bihar on Republic Day.
Madhepura district administration will honour the 15-year-old girl, who had warded off a youth's attempt to rape her when she was alone at her home in Kusthani village on Wednesday, official sources said on Friday.
District police superintendent Saurav Kumar Sah said the girl put up a brave defence and attacked the 19-year-old youth with a sharp weapon, injured him and forced him to flee.
An FIR was later registered at Udaikisunganj police station based on the girl's statement.
The youth is under treatment at Udaikisunganj under police supervision.