15-year-old girl to be honoured for resisting rape bid
- Malaysia Airlines plane with 5 Indians onboard missing, presumed crashed off Vietnam coast
- Bharatiya Janata Party releases second list of candidates for Lok Sabha elections
- No compromise with live-ins or gay rights, moral values supreme: RSS
- In Mumbai, new warship system malfunctions, Navy officer killed
- I'm not a terrorist, Modi should have met me: Arvind Kejriwal
A teenaged girl who had successfully resisted a rape bid will be honoured in Bihar on Republic Day.
Madhepura district administration will honour the 15-year-old girl, who had warded off a youth's attempt to rape her when she was alone at her home in Kusthani village on Wednesday, official sources said on Friday.
District police superintendent Saurav Kumar Sah said the girl put up a brave defence and attacked the 19-year-old youth with a sharp weapon, injured him and forced him to flee.
An FIR was later registered at Udaikisunganj police station based on the girl's statement.
The youth is under treatment at Udaikisunganj under police supervision.
- Chai pe Charcha gets police protection, EC officials to check on poll norm violation
- Complaint against Kejriwal: Kutch cops gather evidence
- AAP chief to hold first public meeting in Gujarat today
- Nominations for North Bangalore primary begin
- ‘Our campaigning in the state will be out of the box’
- ‘Aai Retire Hotey’ to take the stage for 100th time today