15-year-old girl to be honoured for resisting rape bid
- Sushma Swaraj rubbishes Pakistan's 4-point peace formula at UN
- US shooting: 15 dead, 20 wounded at Oregon community college; shooter detained
- Day after Dadri lynching, VP Ansari says state has to ensure right to life
- Delhi: Man shoots self at Rajiv Chowk Metro station
- BJP MP compares Modi with Gandhi, Cong says 'sycophancy at its worst'
A teenaged girl who had successfully resisted a rape bid will be honoured in Bihar on Republic Day.
Madhepura district administration will honour the 15-year-old girl, who had warded off a youth's attempt to rape her when she was alone at her home in Kusthani village on Wednesday, official sources said on Friday.
District police superintendent Saurav Kumar Sah said the girl put up a brave defence and attacked the 19-year-old youth with a sharp weapon, injured him and forced him to flee.
An FIR was later registered at Udaikisunganj police station based on the girl's statement.