15-yr-old victim of trafficking rescued from Gurgaon
- My government will not be vindictive: Narendra Modi on Robert Vadra
- Serious allegations against N Srinivasan in IPL spot-fixing probe report, keep him away from BCCI: Supreme Court
- Rahul tears into Narendra Modi's 'toffee model' development in Gujarat
- Karnataka: At least six burnt to death, 12 injured as bus catches fire
- Elections 2014 LIVE: Sonia to address rally in Telangana; Smriti Irani to file nomination shortly
A 15-year-old girl, who was trafficked to Delhi from Jharkhand by a distant relative, was rescued from Gurgaon, police said on Monday.
"The girl was rescued from a posh locality in Gurgaon and handed over to Gurgaon police. A distant relative had brought the girl to Delhi on the pretext of a job," Additional Commissioner of Police (Crime) Ravindra Yadav said.
Two days ago, police had received a complaint from the girl's father. He had told police that his daughter and another girl from the same village had been taken to Delhi and were being made to work as bonded labourers somewhere in the NCR.
"The other girl, who managed to escape, returned to Jharkhand and narrated their story," Yadav said.
Technical surveillance was mounted and girl was located. With help from Gurgaon police, she was rescued from Greenwood City in Sector-45, Gurgaon," Yadav said.
"The girl was handed over to one Sushma in Ranchi. Sushma and one Raju, placement agents, brought her to Delhi and placed her as a domestic help in the house from where she was rescued," Yadav said.
Further legal action shall be taken by Gurgaon police on the basis of directions of the Child Welfare Committee, he said.