15-yr-old victim of trafficking rescued from Gurgaon
- Disquiet in BJP as M M Joshi, Sushma raise questions over selected candidates and seat sharing
- Nandan Nilekani, Mohammad Kaif in Congressâs first list for 194 seats
- Vajpayee wanted Modi to quit over Gujarat riots, but party said no: Naidu
- Malaysia Airlines plane with 5 Indians onboard missing, presumed crashed off Vietnam coast
- Kejriwal joins list of VIPs with âZâ category security
A 15-year-old girl, who was trafficked to Delhi from Jharkhand by a distant relative, was rescued from Gurgaon, police said on Monday.
"The girl was rescued from a posh locality in Gurgaon and handed over to Gurgaon police. A distant relative had brought the girl to Delhi on the pretext of a job," Additional Commissioner of Police (Crime) Ravindra Yadav said.
Two days ago, police had received a complaint from the girl's father. He had told police that his daughter and another girl from the same village had been taken to Delhi and were being made to work as bonded labourers somewhere in the NCR.
"The other girl, who managed to escape, returned to Jharkhand and narrated their story," Yadav said.
Technical surveillance was mounted and girl was located. With help from Gurgaon police, she was rescued from Greenwood City in Sector-45, Gurgaon," Yadav said.
"The girl was handed over to one Sushma in Ranchi. Sushma and one Raju, placement agents, brought her to Delhi and placed her as a domestic help in the house from where she was rescued," Yadav said.
Further legal action shall be taken by Gurgaon police on the basis of directions of the Child Welfare Committee, he said.