16 CCTVs watch zero-meter readings at this petrol pump in Camp
- CBI sought part RTI exemption, Govt gave it full
- Screen Awards: Milkha, Ram-Leela and Madras Cafe dominate
- DGCA seeks fresh public objections after clearing AirAsia for take-off
- Delhi: 51-year-old Danish national alleges gangrape, 15 detained for questioning
- I wonder if I will be able to ever reunite with my husband, my kids. I miss them: Devyani
For attendants and customers at N M Service Station at Sadhu Vaswani Chowk in Camp, skipping the zero-mark on the petrol booth meter is now difficult. For the first time in the city, an intelligent, fool-proof system of CCTV cameras that not only watch actions of petrol attendants and customers, but also zoom in to record zero-readings on the petrol booths have been installed at this petrol pump.
"In spite of asking the customers to check the zero reading before fueling their vehicle, at times they complain that fueling was not done from the zero mark. This of course happens very rarely, but we still want to make sure that we leave no room for any kind of dissatisfaction for customers," said Ketan Gala, Petrol Pump owner.
Installed 10 days ago, the electronic eyes zoom-in to record the readings of the pump booth meter as another camera captures whether the customer actually ensures the zero-mark, responding to the request to do so by the attendant. "A total of 16 cameras are fitted at the petrol pump - seven on the meters at every nozzle and nine at various points at the petrol pump to record the actions of the customers.
"Thus along with cameras to record the reading, we also have cameras to check whether customers screened the meter readings when they were asked to do so. If ever a customer complains later, we will show them the recording of the meter," explained Gala.
Earlier, this petrol pump had only three CCTV cameras which recorded general activities of employees and customers, mainly to avoid any untoward incident like robbery. "Also, once the customer sees the cameras, he is ensured that he will be getting a proper refuel. There is no scope for being cheated and his trust in the management of the petrol pump increases," said Gala. He is also planning to put up a big television screen that will be divided into 16 frames to stream the live recordings.
- â€˜Someone should remind the CM weâ€™re also aam aadmi. But theyâ€™ve turned us intoÂ demonsâ€™
- Kapil Sibal to contest from Chandni Chowk in 2014, even if Arvind Kejriwal inÂ fray
- AAP names Bharti victims, uploads eight videos targeting Africans in Delhi
- Arvind Kejriwal likely to pass Jan Lokpal Bill in February, says the fight for new independence hasÂ begun