16 countries to take part in World Cup Kabaddi
- Elections 2014 LIVE: 60 pc voting in Bengal till 1 pm; Jaitley slams Rahul over 'ullu' barb
- Admiral Dhowan appointed as new Navy chief
- Is there a vikas vote? Healthier babies make not a whimper on campaign pitch in Hazaribagh
- Alagiri backs âgreat manâ Modi as PM
- CAG empowered to examine accounts of private telecom companies: Supreme Court
Sixteen countries will be taking part in the 3rd edition of World Cup Kabaddi, scheduled to be held in Punjab from December 1 to 15.
Deputy Chief Minister Sukhbir Singh Badal, while reviewing preparations for the tournament, announced doubling of prize money for women's teams from Rs 25 lakh to 51 lakh for the winner, Rs 15 lakh to 31 lakh for the runners-up and Rs 10 to 21 lakh for the third position.
In the men's category, the prize money has already been doubled to Rs 2 crore for winner, Rs 1 crore for runners-up and Rs 51 lakh for the third placed team.
He said that countries including England, Afghanistan, Denmark, Canada, New Zealand, Sri Lanka, Norway, Pakistan, Sierra Leone, Scotland, Argentina, Italy, Iran, Kenya and USA will participate in the meet.
The opening ceremony would be held at Bhatinda on December 1 and the cup would be played at 13 venues.
- Activist, her aide booked for cheating in attempt to frame acquitted murder accused
- Extended Monorail running hours fails to pull crowd
- HC orders action against Essel World for causing harm to mangroves
- Cops crack bar girl’s murder case after waiter’s tip-off
- Railway to provide plastic pouches for commuter IDs
- Last safety check for Metro to begin April 18