160 couples tie knot in mass wedding in Muzaffarnagar
- 9 killed, over 40 injured as Bengaluru-Ernakulam Express train derails near Hosur
- SC says allegations grave, but grants relief to Teesta Setalvad in cheating case
- All you need to know about AAP's WiFi Delhi promise
- 19 killed as militants storm Shia mosque in Pakistan
- Modi’s cricket diplomacy: Renewing political contact with Pakistan
One hundred and sixty couples, who were displaced after last month's riots and were living in a relief camp, tied the knot at a mass wedding at Shahpur in the district.
Muzaffarnagar: Victims displaced by communal riots tie knots at mass wedding
The 'nikah' was performed by Maulana Mahmood Madani, general secretary of Jamiat Ulama-i-Hind, last evening for the victims displaced by the communal riots.
Muzaffarnagar riots: Tales of tragedy and destruction unfold in refugee camps
The organisation has provided Rs 15,000 each and essential items for daily use to the newly-wed couples, Madani said.
Several people have lost their homes and were forced to live in relief camps after the Muzaffarnagar riots that claimed at least 62 lives.