160 couples tie knot in mass wedding in Muzaffarnagar
- Sports court tears Narsingh Yadav defence, NADA’s credibility
- Ramya on sedition case: Will not apologise for my Pakistan remark, said nothing wrong
- I can't fight against the government or AFI, but I know the truth: OP Jaisha
- From Rajasthan to Bihar: Tracking floods in north India
- Kashmir unrest: Curfew lifted from parts of Srinagar
One hundred and sixty couples, who were displaced after last month's riots and were living in a relief camp, tied the knot at a mass wedding at Shahpur in the district.
Muzaffarnagar: Victims displaced by communal riots tie knots at mass wedding
The 'nikah' was performed by Maulana Mahmood Madani, general secretary of Jamiat Ulama-i-Hind, last evening for the victims displaced by the communal riots.
Muzaffarnagar riots: Tales of tragedy and destruction unfold in refugee camps
The organisation has provided Rs 15,000 each and essential items for daily use to the newly-wed couples, Madani said.
- Cow protection, paradoxically, poses a threat to the BJP’s project of Hindu unity
- The government needs to distinguish between crooked NGOs and genuine ones
- India’s quest for Olympic medals is hampered by history and geography
- The Modi government is meeting its development targets before time
- Raja Mandala: The Great Wall of China
- Farm incomes may not revive despite good monsoon