16-year-old girl confined, gangraped by 4 Jamia Law students for over 2 months
- Defiant Giriraj stands by his remark, says Pakistan trying to stop Narendra Modi from becoming PM
- Modi attacks Gandhis again, wonders how Rahul can lead country when he can't handle Amethi
- Emissary row: Sanjay Saraf dismisses reports of carrying any message from BJP
- Modi would have ousted Vajpayee just like Jaswant, Advani: Rahul Gandhi
- IPL 7 Live Score, RR vs KXIP: RR take on KXIP in battle of equals
Four law students, arrested for allegedly confining and gangraping a minor girl for over two months at their residence here, were remanded in police custody in Tuesday for two days by a Delhi court.
Metropolitan Magistrate Gaurav Rao sent accused Pulkit Chaudhary, Amandeep, Sharad Shekhar Tomar and Rupansoo to police custody till December 6 after the police sought their custodial interrogation to make more arrest in the case.
"All accused are remanded to police custody till December 6," the court said.
The police arrested the four students, who all are pursuing law from Jamia Millia Islamia here, after the case was lodged at Defence Colony police station in South Delhi here on September 15 by the mother of the 16-year-old victim.
The girl's mother had told the police that her daughter, who was studying in class XI, had not returned home after attending her school on September 15.
Initially, a kidnapping case was registered by the police but after the girl was recovered during the probe earlier this month, she alleged she was gangraped and was made captive in the flat of one of the arrested accused.
The victim had told the police that she had gone to attend a party with one of her friends at the flat on September 15 but she was gangraped and was confined there for about two months.