16-year-old girl confined, gangraped by 4 Jamia Law students for over 2 months
- 15 security personnel killed as Naxals attack CRPF convoy in Chhattisgarh
- Malaysia military believes it has tracked missing jet over Strait of Malacca
- Bhagwat cautions RSS cadres against crossing limits for BJP
- Narendra Modi's new found love for Bihar a ploy to win votes: Nitish Kumar
- Dalit teen canât pay to cheat in exam, immolates himself
Four law students, arrested for allegedly confining and gangraping a minor girl for over two months at their residence here, were remanded in police custody in Tuesday for two days by a Delhi court.
Metropolitan Magistrate Gaurav Rao sent accused Pulkit Chaudhary, Amandeep, Sharad Shekhar Tomar and Rupansoo to police custody till December 6 after the police sought their custodial interrogation to make more arrest in the case.
"All accused are remanded to police custody till December 6," the court said.
The police arrested the four students, who all are pursuing law from Jamia Millia Islamia here, after the case was lodged at Defence Colony police station in South Delhi here on September 15 by the mother of the 16-year-old victim.
The girl's mother had told the police that her daughter, who was studying in class XI, had not returned home after attending her school on September 15.
Initially, a kidnapping case was registered by the police but after the girl was recovered during the probe earlier this month, she alleged she was gangraped and was made captive in the flat of one of the arrested accused.
The victim had told the police that she had gone to attend a party with one of her friends at the flat on September 15 but she was gangraped and was confined there for about two months.
- Eight held for ‘attacking’ Dalit wedding procession in Sabarkantha
- 90 airports on alert to check movement of cash ahead of elections
- Notices to 23 hospitals for withdrawing facility
- Sindhis threaten to move HC if Sindhu Sagar not cleaned
- In Mumbai, teacher’s love story with student ends in her arrest
- Govt dismisses AAP allegations
- AAP workers stage protest outside Kejriwal’s residence over ticket distribution
- BJP boycotts NDTV over news gaffe | The Indian Express
- Out of the promised 50,000 homes for the poor, not even 50 constructed in Gujarat by BJP: Kejriwal
- Kejriwal Gujarat tour: The unfamiliar politician | The Indian Express