16-year-old girl molested in Delhi bus was earlier raped by brother
- April 24 elections roundup: Four policemen, two polling officers killed in Maoist attack
- Thousands turn up at Narendra Modi's Varanasi roadshow, BJP's PM candidate files nomination papers
- From Marandi vs Soren to Deora vs Sanyal: Top 5 battles in Lok Sabha polls Phase 6
- Rahul Gandhi joins sister Priyanka in attacking Narendra Modi on snoopgate
- IPL 7 Live Cricket Score, KKR vs RCB: RCB strong in chase against KKR
Fresh facts have emerged in the case of a minor girl molested in a bus here with police arresting her teenaged brother for allegedly raping her six months ago and molesting her thereafter.
The tragic story of the girl unfolded yesterday after the 16-year-old girl recorded her statement with police. Her brother Nazakkat Ali (19) was arrested following her
The girl was molested on Saturday night allegedly by a conductor when she had ran away from her house following harassment by her family. The conductor Ranjit Singh was arrested in connection with the case, which comes close on the heels of the brutal gangrape of a girl in a moving bus in south Delhi.
Police went to her house in west Delhi's Khyala yesterday to record her statement during which she told investigators about her ordeal.
A senior police official said her father had married thrice and they were living with his third wife. She claimed that there were problems in the family.
"She also told us that her brother had raped her six months ago and was molesting her thereafter. We have arrested the boy," the official said.
On Saturday night, the girl had left her house at around 9.30 pm and when the bus reached Mandi House at around 11 pm, police personnel noticed the girl inside the bus alone crying.
A case of kidnapping was found registered about her at Khyala police station after her family approached police.
- At least 65 EVMs replaced in six Lok Sabha seats in Assam
- Twitter cofounder talks of 26/11, Indian farmers in new book
- UP records over 24 pc voter turnout till 11 AM, 20 per cent turnout in Chhattisgarh
- Arvind Kejriwal lashes out at BJP for attack on Somnath Bharti
- ANF official accused of killing youth a gallantry award winner
- Maharashtra: Poor turnout till 9 am in third phase of polling