16-year-old girl molested in Delhi bus was earlier raped by brother
- Hunt on for Malaysian Airlines: Stolen passports, missing debris fuels fears of foul play
- Raj Thackeray warms up to Narendra Modi, lets Sena feel the heat
- Rs 25,000 cr: CAG sees biggest ever J&K land scam
- UP BJP wants tickets for four riot-accused MLAs
- Haryana, Gujarat top industry-friendly states, Maharashtra among bottom five
Fresh facts have emerged in the case of a minor girl molested in a bus here with police arresting her teenaged brother for allegedly raping her six months ago and molesting her thereafter.
The tragic story of the girl unfolded yesterday after the 16-year-old girl recorded her statement with police. Her brother Nazakkat Ali (19) was arrested following her
The girl was molested on Saturday night allegedly by a conductor when she had ran away from her house following harassment by her family. The conductor Ranjit Singh was arrested in connection with the case, which comes close on the heels of the brutal gangrape of a girl in a moving bus in south Delhi.
Police went to her house in west Delhi's Khyala yesterday to record her statement during which she told investigators about her ordeal.
A senior police official said her father had married thrice and they were living with his third wife. She claimed that there were problems in the family.
"She also told us that her brother had raped her six months ago and was molesting her thereafter. We have arrested the boy," the official said.
On Saturday night, the girl had left her house at around 9.30 pm and when the bus reached Mandi House at around 11 pm, police personnel noticed the girl inside the bus alone crying.
A case of kidnapping was found registered about her at Khyala police station after her family approached police.
- Bengal model better than Modi’s Gujarat, says Didi
- Sindhis threaten to move HC if Sindhu Sagar not cleaned
- Three RTI activists whom Kejriwal paid homage are alive
- Poojary wins Mangalore primary
- Short change: Health cover for girl child at 50% discount
- Run with the bulls, don’t lose out to foreign investors again
- BJP boycotts NDTV over news gaffe | The Indian Express
- Out of the promised 50,000 homes for the poor, not even 50 constructed in Gujarat by BJP: Kejriwal
- AAP workers stage protest outside Kejriwal’s residence over ticket distribution
- BJP complains to EC against Rahul over RSS remarks, seeks derecognition of Congress