16-year-old girl shoots herself
- Rahul seeks âlegal accountabilityâ for 2002, disputes Modi âclean chitâ
- Workdays: MNREGS short of even halfway mark
- Probe zeroes in on pilots, hunt widens to land
- Modi vs him: Kejriwal to wait for Varanasiâs voice
- Back home after serving time for 1993 blasts, 82-yr-old grateful for âsupportâ
A 16-year-old girl allegedly committed suicide by shooting herself at her residence in Southwest Delhi, police said. Puja, a resident of Palam, shot herself with her grandfather's gun on Wednesday night, an officer said, adding that she had been depressed after her parents recently separated.
Police said Puja's grandmother was at home at the time of the incident. Hearing the gunshot, her grandmother rushed to Puja's room and found her lying dead in a pool of blood. No suicide note was found, the officer said.