16-year-old girl shoots herself
- Sheila Dikshit appointed Kerala Governor; Congress-RJD pact likely today
- You told us go to hell, says Supreme Court, sends Subrata Roy to jail
- For âcheeringâ Pakistan in India match, university in Meerut suspends 67 Kashmiri students
- Attacker, victim: 2 faces of Gujarat riots come together for âHindu-Muslimâ unity
- UP kidsâ killer disease spread through lice, expert panel finds
A 16-year-old girl allegedly committed suicide by shooting herself at her residence in Southwest Delhi, police said. Puja, a resident of Palam, shot herself with her grandfather's gun on Wednesday night, an officer said, adding that she had been depressed after her parents recently separated.
Police said Puja's grandmother was at home at the time of the incident. Hearing the gunshot, her grandmother rushed to Puja's room and found her lying dead in a pool of blood. No suicide note was found, the officer said.