16-yr-old ‘raped’, parents lodge FIR after 3 days
- TDP and BJP set to part ways; both may field candidates on all Seemandhra seats
- PMO says GDP has grown three times during UPA rule
- Kumar Vishwas claims threat to life, to file FIR against Rahul and Priyanka
- Vote for Supriya Sule or lose water, âthreatensâ Ajit Pawar
- 2 States movie review: Alia Bhatt is a surprise
Parents of a 16-year-old girl in Surendranagar district lodged a complaint with police Tuesday claiming their daughter was raped three days ago by a neighbour who works as a farm labourer.
The alleged incident took place in Asundharali village of Surendranagar district on December 22. The suspect is on the run.
Police said the girl's father, also a farm labourer, had not given any specific reason for the delay in lodging the FIR.
SP Surendranagar Raghavendra Vatsa said, "The victim promptly informed her family, but her parents delayed filing a complaint. We find this suspicious. They are not giving any specific reason for delaying lodging of the FIR."
The local police said the delay in complaint gave the suspect enough time to flee and also affected the efficacy of medical tests to be conducted. They, however, said a hunt had been launched to catch the suspect.
- As EC website crashes due to overload, party workers use apps to locate voters
- An entire society in Kothrud could not vote
- Chaos, anger across city over missing names
- Mulayam pushes third front, says will stake claim to PM post
- Don’t look at my candidates, votes for me: Maya to Dalits
- AAP biggies focus on Vishwas, Kejri seats, other units suffer