16-yr-old boy killed by jeep in DIG’s cavalcade
- Congress says Togadia spreading venom; EC seeks recording of alleged hate speech
- Akhilesh Yadav tears into Narendra Modi bastion on maiden visit to Gujarat, says third front ready to govern
- Proponents of Article 370 should say how it has helped J&K: Rajnath Singh
- 1984 riots: Akalis protest over Capt Amarinder Singh's clean chit to Jagdish Tytler
- IPL 7 Live Cricket Score, CSK vs DD: Raina departs after scoring valiant half-century
A 16-year-old boy was killed when the motorcycle he was riding hit an escort vehicle of the Allahabad DIG's cavalcade in George Town area of the city on Thursday. Police said prima facie it appeared that the boy had lost control of his motorcycle and got hit by the gypsy.
Senior SP (Allahabad), Mohit Agrawal said, "The escort vehicle collided with the motorcycle as the latter suddenly veered towards the wrong carriageway. The George Town police is handling the matter." DIG (Allahabad Range) N Ravindra could not be contacted despite repeated attempts.
The police said that Akash Singh, son of Vijay Bahadur Singh, a resident of Lukerganj, was going from Balson Chauraha towards Civil Lines when the incident took place on G T Road around 4 pm.
"The boy first hit a cyclist, following which he lost control of his motorcycle and came right in front of the escort gypsy. Before the gypsy's driver could take evasive action, the boy was hit. He died on the spot," said a police officer.
Preliminary inquiries revealed that Akash was a student of Class 9 in Bishop Johnson School.
- 21-year-old dies in road mishap, one injured
- Ask Badals where is Ludhiana Metro: Bhattal to locals
- Arrests in priest murder case divide Catholic Church
- Short Change: EPFO to allot permanent account number to active subscribers by Oct 15
- India Inc profit set to grow, but margins under pressure
- Mulayam: Will amend Constitution for Muslim quota