16-yr-old boy killed by jeep in DIG’s cavalcade
- SC slams BCCI over Lodha report: Better fall in line, or we will make you fall in line
- SAARC Summit: Now, Bangladesh, Bhutan and Afghanistan say they won't be going to Islamabad
- To isolate Pak, India pulls out of Islamabad SAARC summit
- Global competitiveness index: India jumps 16 ranks for second time, now at 39
- Shimon Peres, last surviving link to Israel's founding fathers, dies at 93
A 16-year-old boy was killed when the motorcycle he was riding hit an escort vehicle of the Allahabad DIG's cavalcade in George Town area of the city on Thursday. Police said prima facie it appeared that the boy had lost control of his motorcycle and got hit by the gypsy.
Senior SP (Allahabad), Mohit Agrawal said, "The escort vehicle collided with the motorcycle as the latter suddenly veered towards the wrong carriageway. The George Town police is handling the matter." DIG (Allahabad Range) N Ravindra could not be contacted despite repeated attempts.
The police said that Akash Singh, son of Vijay Bahadur Singh, a resident of Lukerganj, was going from Balson Chauraha towards Civil Lines when the incident took place on G T Road around 4 pm.
"The boy first hit a cyclist, following which he lost control of his motorcycle and came right in front of the escort gypsy. Before the gypsy's driver could take evasive action, the boy was hit. He died on the spot," said a police officer.
- Power struggle within weakens Samajwadi Party already undergoing an identity crisis in UP
- Preventive detention is being routinised as an instrument of state repression
- The challenge of garbage is set to grow, solid waste management plans need to be implemented
- After Uri, a replay of a 2001 predicament
- Any response to Uri must factor in Pakistani state’s relationship with non-state actors
- It is assumed that Blacks will vote 93 per cent for Clinton, seven per cent for Trump