16-yr-old boy killed by jeep in DIG’s cavalcade
- Siachen avalanche: Lance Naik Hanamanthappa passes away three days after miraculous rescue
- Dr RK Pachauri goes on leave as TERI Chancellor, won't attend March 7 convocation
- Ishrat Jahan's mother on Headley deposition: Ploy by those guilty to salvage their names
- Write-offs a scam, small loans rarely in it, says former RBI Deputy Governor
- David Headley received money from ISI, LeT and Dr Rana
A 16-year-old boy was killed when the motorcycle he was riding hit an escort vehicle of the Allahabad DIG's cavalcade in George Town area of the city on Thursday. Police said prima facie it appeared that the boy had lost control of his motorcycle and got hit by the gypsy.
Senior SP (Allahabad), Mohit Agrawal said, "The escort vehicle collided with the motorcycle as the latter suddenly veered towards the wrong carriageway. The George Town police is handling the matter." DIG (Allahabad Range) N Ravindra could not be contacted despite repeated attempts.
The police said that Akash Singh, son of Vijay Bahadur Singh, a resident of Lukerganj, was going from Balson Chauraha towards Civil Lines when the incident took place on G T Road around 4 pm.
"The boy first hit a cyclist, following which he lost control of his motorcycle and came right in front of the escort gypsy. Before the gypsy's driver could take evasive action, the boy was hit. He died on the spot," said a police officer.