16-yr-old girl kidnapped, drugged and raped in Noida
- Vote for Supriya Sule or lose water, âthreatensâ Ajit Pawar
- Watch video: Baba Ramdev caught on camera discussing money with BJP candidate
- Nobel laureate Gabriel Garcia Marquez dies at 87
- 5th phase of elections: Moderate to high turnout on biggest voting day
- Elections 2014 LIVE: Protests against Kejriwal in Varanasi; Modi's rally stage collapses due to rain
Police have arrested one person, identified as Rahul Solanki, after a medical examination of the girl confirmed rape.
A senior police officer said Solanki is an administrative staffer of Bhardwaj Hospital in Sector 39. "He lives at the residence of an acquaintance in Baraula village. The girl is also a resident of the same village and is a student of Class 10," the officer said.
According to police, Solanki abducted the girl when she was on her way back home from the market on Friday afternoon.
"We suspect that he offered her a lift home in his Maruti Alto. However, the girl has alleged that she was forced into the car. According to her complaint, he offered her a drink laced with sedatives in the car and drove her to a deserted spot near the village. There he allegedly raped her several times in the car," the officer said.
"When the victim came to her senses, she was still in the car. Solanki was nowhere to be seen. She made her way to the Sector 49 police station from where she called her family and registered a complaint against Solanki. We have recovered the car," the officer said.
The girl underwent a medical examination on Sunday night, the results of which have confirmed sexual assault.
"Prima facie, it seems that the man had been planning the assault and had followed her home from the market. We are yet to identify what substance was given to the girl and further investigations are under way. The accused has been booked for abduction and rape," the officer said.
In another incident, a man was arrested on Monday on the charge of attempting to rape two girls, aged 10 and 11, in Ankur Vihar area of Loni on Monday morning.
Police said the arrested man, Narender, was a neighbour of the two girls.
According to police, Narender lured the two girls into his home on the pretext of giving them food. "Since they knew the accused, they went with him. Once inside, the man allegedly locked the door from inside and made them watch pornographic videos. He tried to take their clothes off and rape them but the girls began screaming," a senior officer said.
Neighbours who heard the screams came and rescued the girls, police said.
"The crowd handed over the accused to police. A case of attempt to rape has been filed. The girls have been sent for medical examination and if rape is confirmed, he will be booked for rape too," the officer said.
- As EC website crashes due to overload, party workers use apps to locate voters
- An entire society in Kothrud could not vote
- Chaos, anger across city over missing names
- Mulayam pushes third front, says will stake claim to PM post
- Don’t look at my candidates, votes for me: Maya to Dalits
- AAP biggies focus on Vishwas, Kejri seats, other units suffer