16-yr-old raped in Mangolpuri, 2 held
- Navy officer dies on board INS Kolkata off Mumbai
- Subrata Roy to remain in Tihar, Supreme Court calls Sahara's proposal "dishonourable"
- I'm not a terrorist, Modi should have met me: Arvind Kejriwal
- Modi's next round of Chai pe charcha doesn't have police permission yet
- SC issues notice to Centre on Kiran Reddy's PIL against creation of Telangana
A 16-year-old girl was allegedly gangraped by two persons in her house in Outer Delhi's Mangolpuri area on Thursday evening, while the girl's parents were away, police said.
The two accused, the girl's neighbours Kuldeep (21) and Joginder (24), were arrested, police said.
The girl, in a complaint to police, alleged that the two accused barged into her house when her parents were not around and misbehaved with her.
She alleged that the duo took turns to rape her. When she tried to raise an alarm, the duo threatened her of dire consequences and asked her to keep mum, before leaving the house.
The victim then narrated the incident to her parents, who approached police.
"Medical examination of the girl confirmed rape and a case was registered against the duo. We have arrested them and are investigating the matter," a senior police officer said.