16-yr-old rejects marriage proposal, boy pours kerosene oil on her
- India will set climate change conference agenda: Narendra Modi
- From Kerala family to ex-gangster, Islamic State pulls Maldives men
- Collegium system end: NJAC is in, judges lose say in hiring
- BJP-RSS set to demolish secular democratic foundations: CPI(M)
- Ahmedabad: Saffron uniform for Hindu kids, green for Muslim
A 16-year-old girl was burnt by her paramour in the slums of Pakhowal road. The incident happened after the girl turned down his marriage proposal on Sunday.
The girl suffered 25% burns after the accused poured kerosene oil on her and tried to burn her.
The Sarabha Nagar police registered a case of attempt to murder ( Section 307 of the IPC) against accused Baniya, 18, and his unidentified accomplices. The accused is still absconding. The victim was admitted to Civil Hospital but was later referred to DMCH on Saturday.