16-yr-old rejects marriage proposal, boy pours kerosene oil on her
- Shooting in US military base leaves four persons dead, 14 injured
- IPL officials, owners and 12 players named in secret report to Supreme Court
- Narendra Modi Pak, US dono ko thhokega: BJP South Delhi candidate Ramesh Bidhuri
- Delhi HC raps NIA and Delhi Police, asks who is probing Indian Mujahideen?
- Elections 2014 LIVE: Amethi admin rejects Rahul's residence proof; BJP complains against Azam and Beni
A 16-year-old girl was burnt by her paramour in the slums of Pakhowal road. The incident happened after the girl turned down his marriage proposal on Sunday.
The girl suffered 25% burns after the accused poured kerosene oil on her and tried to burn her.
The Sarabha Nagar police registered a case of attempt to murder ( Section 307 of the IPC) against accused Baniya, 18, and his unidentified accomplices. The accused is still absconding. The victim was admitted to Civil Hospital but was later referred to DMCH on Saturday.
- Panel points out holes in report on trees cut, writes to civic chief
- Man who made hoax calls to Jet Airways acquitted
- Metro not quite a vote puller for people in areas it runs
- Stir ends, BEST postpones new work schedule to June 1
- RBI banks on Bandhan, trusts Kolkata NBFC with rare licence
- Gujarat to Supreme Court: Woman knew of snooping, was thankful