16-yr-old rejects marriage proposal, boy pours kerosene oil on her
- 15 security personnel killed as Naxals attack CRPF convoy in Chhattisgarh
- Rahul compares Modi with Hitler, says Gujarat CM behaves arrogantly
- Missing Malaysia airline: Man travelling on stolen passport identified as Iranian
- Bhagwat cautions RSS cadres against crossing limits for BJP
- Arvind Kejriwal accused of influencing TV interview
A 16-year-old girl was burnt by her paramour in the slums of Pakhowal road. The incident happened after the girl turned down his marriage proposal on Sunday.
The girl suffered 25% burns after the accused poured kerosene oil on her and tried to burn her.
The Sarabha Nagar police registered a case of attempt to murder ( Section 307 of the IPC) against accused Baniya, 18, and his unidentified accomplices. The accused is still absconding. The victim was admitted to Civil Hospital but was later referred to DMCH on Saturday.
- Eight held for ‘attacking’ Dalit wedding procession in Sabarkantha
- 90 airports on alert to check movement of cash ahead of elections
- Notices to 23 hospitals for withdrawing facility
- Sindhis threaten to move HC if Sindhu Sagar not cleaned
- In Mumbai, teacher’s love story with student ends in her arrest
- Govt dismisses AAP allegations
- AAP workers stage protest outside Kejriwal’s residence over ticket distribution
- BJP boycotts NDTV over news gaffe | The Indian Express
- Out of the promised 50,000 homes for the poor, not even 50 constructed in Gujarat by BJP: Kejriwal
- Kejriwal Gujarat tour: The unfamiliar politician | The Indian Express