16-yr-old rejects marriage proposal, boy pours kerosene oil on her
- Eden to Eden, IPL Eight wonder
- Jayalalithaa announces welfare schemes worth Rs 1800 crore
- Heat wave continues to torment India; death toll rises to 368
- Will work towards abrogating Article 370 when we have numbers in Parliament: BJP
- Mathematician John Nash, who inspired 'A Beautiful Mind', killed in car crash
A 16-year-old girl was burnt by her paramour in the slums of Pakhowal road. The incident happened after the girl turned down his marriage proposal on Sunday.
The girl suffered 25% burns after the accused poured kerosene oil on her and tried to burn her.
The Sarabha Nagar police registered a case of attempt to murder ( Section 307 of the IPC) against accused Baniya, 18, and his unidentified accomplices. The accused is still absconding. The victim was admitted to Civil Hospital but was later referred to DMCH on Saturday.