17-year-old girl student raped by school peon
- PM Modi to Time: India-China border not volatile, both nations have 'learnt from history'
- PM thanks Sonia as Parliament approves Indo-Bangla land deal
- LS clears Juvenile Justice Bill, 16-year-old offenders to be tried under adult laws
- Salman Khan knew his action may kill people: trial court judge
- Four Kerala athletes attempt suicide after harassment, one dead
A 17-year-old girl student of a government school was allegedly raped by a peon at her home in Kondagaon district of Chhattisgarh, police said today.
"Tikeshwar Mandavi (20), the peon, has been taken into custody for allegedly raping the minor student at her home yesterday in Arandi village under Keshkal police station area of the district," they said.
According to police, the incident occurred last night when the victim was alone at home. "The accused reportedly entered her house and sexually assaulted her," they said.
Mandavi was arrested on complaint of the girl's relatives, police said, adding that further probe was on.