17-year-old girl student raped by school peon
- Smriti Irani goes from HRD to Textiles in massive cabinet reshuffle
- Amid Dhaka terror attack row, Zakir Naik calls IS ‘un-Islamic’
- Shiv Sena pins its hopes on CM Fadnavis after getting raw deal from PM Modi
- Modi Cabinet expansion throws up clues to BJP’s assembly poll calculations
- Dhaka terror attack: Police may have killed chef by accident during café siege
A 17-year-old girl student of a government school was allegedly raped by a peon at her home in Kondagaon district of Chhattisgarh, police said today.
"Tikeshwar Mandavi (20), the peon, has been taken into custody for allegedly raping the minor student at her home yesterday in Arandi village under Keshkal police station area of the district," they said.
According to police, the incident occurred last night when the victim was alone at home. "The accused reportedly entered her house and sexually assaulted her," they said.
- The goal of low-input, high-output agriculture calls for crop improvement
- The defence sector needs much more than increased foreign direct investment
- The guilty men of Dhaka terror attack
- Willingness to depart from orthodoxy is K.G. Subramanyan’s invaluable legacy
- The export-led growth model needs rethinking
- Even in its hour of tragedy, Bangladesh reveals itself to be a bitterly divided nation