17-year-old girl student raped by school peon
- Bengal unit of Congress in a fix after it tweets out controversial Rajiv quote
- Thank You, PV Sindhu
- Those who consider India their country should treat cow as mother: Jharkhand CM
- India should be a lot bolder in meeting military needs of Afghanistan: Hamid Karzai
- Army seizes weapons after encounter on Myanmar border
A 17-year-old girl student of a government school was allegedly raped by a peon at her home in Kondagaon district of Chhattisgarh, police said today.
"Tikeshwar Mandavi (20), the peon, has been taken into custody for allegedly raping the minor student at her home yesterday in Arandi village under Keshkal police station area of the district," they said.
According to police, the incident occurred last night when the victim was alone at home. "The accused reportedly entered her house and sexually assaulted her," they said.
- There are systemic flaws and vulnerabilities. But India is on the right path
- Wrestlers lose face, and perhaps an Olympic medal, and NADA its credibility
- In the I-Day speeches of PMs of India & Pak, blame-games that paper over hard realities
- Swarajya to su-rajya
- Instead of waiting for talent to appear, we must create a national sports culture
- We need to think creatively about the proposed defence university