17-year-old girl student raped by school peon
- BJP retains urban hold, rural Gujarat gives Congress a chance
- Kerala CM took sexual favours, accepted Rs 5.5 cr bribe: solar scam accused tells panel
- Chennai drowns in deluge of water, flight services suspended
- Cabinet approves six new IITs
- No link between murders of Pansare, Dabholkar, Kalburgi: Government
A 17-year-old girl student of a government school was allegedly raped by a peon at her home in Kondagaon district of Chhattisgarh, police said today.
"Tikeshwar Mandavi (20), the peon, has been taken into custody for allegedly raping the minor student at her home yesterday in Arandi village under Keshkal police station area of the district," they said.
According to police, the incident occurred last night when the victim was alone at home. "The accused reportedly entered her house and sexually assaulted her," they said.
- Rajnath Singh's speech mocked the ideals that Ambedkar stood for
- Government should act on Jaitley’s criticism of Section 377, not look to the courts
- India will require greater ambition on increasing renewable energy
- Tactics that worked against tobacco can be used to thwart air polluters
- Not just an esoteric celebrity
- Under General Sharif, Pakistan army is carrying low-intensity war against diversity of opinion