17-yr-old girl gangraped by BSP MLA's son, 2 others
- PM Modi discusses GST bill with Manmohan, Sonia at 7 RCR; Cong says demands non-political
- Withdraw convocation invite to Narendra Modi: Jamia Millia alumni to VC
- PoK will remain with Pakistan, J&K will remain with India: Farooq Abdullah
- Liquor ban in Bihar: Nitish Kumar's poll promise to women comes at a high cost
- Amarinder Singh appointed as new Punjab Cong President
A 17-year-old girl was allegedly abducted and gangraped by three persons, including a BSP MLA's son, police said today
The FIR, based on the complaint of the victim, was registered yesterday at a police station here against Naeem, son of BSP MLA Maulana Jameel Ahmad; Nauman, brother-in-law of the MLA and a third unidentified person.
According to the FIR, the minor was recently abducted by the trio from Basaira village and was taken to a nearby jungle where she was gangraped by them.
The accused had threatened to kill her if she revealed of the incident to anyone, police said.
The trio have been charged under Sections 376 (punishment for rape), 363 (punishment for kidnapping) and 506 (punishment for criminal intimidation) of the IPC.
Ahmed has denied the charges against his son and brother-in-law, saying it was a "political conspiracy" against him and they have been falsely implicated.
- Good governance is in actions, not in 'abolishing' religious holidays of minorities
- Respecting sovereignty is the essence of bilateral diplomatic engagement
- Islam doesn’t justify targeting innocent lives in the manner in which it was done in Paris
- Imran Khan is a politician with a sense of personal destiny, and a divine mission
- Game upside down
- Why every patriot should be worried, and, yes, ashamed