1800-km bike ride: Retired Colonelís tribute to martyrs of Rezang La
- PDP, BJP seal alliance to form government in Jammu & Kashmir
- RK Pachauri, accused of sexual harassment, quits UN climate change panel
- Centre's land bill is anti-farmer, says Kejriwal at Anna protest rally
- SpiceJet launches low-fare offer for Holi; one lakh seats on the block
- BJP defends Bhagwat, claims Mother Teresa admitted she was not a social worker
"We have a wreath laying ceremony on Sunday, followed by light and sound show, besides other activities. I will leave for Pune on Monday and will travel 900 km on the same route," said Roy.
The battle of Rezang La
On November 18, 1962, it was unusually cold with snow falling lightly over Rezang La. Never before in the World's military history had a major battle been fought at such an altitude. The Battle of Rezang La commenced hours before the shelling that the rest of Brigade saw from a distance. Within no time every man of the Kumaon Company under Maj Shaitan Singh was at `ready for action' state. According to those who visited Rezang La, three months later, "The dead men were found in their trenches, frozen stiff, still holding their weapons. Broken LMG bipods, and some men holding only the butts of their rifles while the remaining weapon had blown off, bore witness to the enemy fire."