1800-km bike ride: Retired Colonelís tribute to martyrs of Rezang La
- Essar Leaks: SC issues notices to Essar Group and Centre on PIL seeking court-monitored probe
- Karnataka CM announces CBI probe into death of IAS officer DK Ravi
- Hashimpura massacre: 10 freed still in UP Police
- Jaitley, Rajan paper over the cracks, minister says in regular, frank talks
- Lee Kuan Yew, founder of modern Singapore, passes away at 91
"We have a wreath laying ceremony on Sunday, followed by light and sound show, besides other activities. I will leave for Pune on Monday and will travel 900 km on the same route," said Roy.
The battle of Rezang La
On November 18, 1962, it was unusually cold with snow falling lightly over Rezang La. Never before in the World's military history had a major battle been fought at such an altitude. The Battle of Rezang La commenced hours before the shelling that the rest of Brigade saw from a distance. Within no time every man of the Kumaon Company under Maj Shaitan Singh was at `ready for action' state. According to those who visited Rezang La, three months later, "The dead men were found in their trenches, frozen stiff, still holding their weapons. Broken LMG bipods, and some men holding only the butts of their rifles while the remaining weapon had blown off, bore witness to the enemy fire."