18-yr-old alleges sexual harassment
- Elections 2014 Live: Polling underway peacefully; Kapil Sibal, Harsh Vardhan cast their votes
- Modi tukde tukde kar dega... ladaa dega, says Rahul
- Congress not aggressive enough, says Sharad Pawar
- NSCN (IM) takes over Manipur booths, loads EVMs with votes
- Two CRPF jawans killed in Bihar before start of polling
An 18-year-old girl, pursuing an air hostess course, alleged sexual harassment against the owner of the institute on Wednesday. The girl said she staying as a paying guest in the accommodation of the institute's owner at Guru Teg Bahadur Nagar Extension. She alleged that the owner had taken 'objectionable' photograph of her through hidden cameras installed in her bathroom and bedroom. She also alleged that the owner forced her to drink alcohol on several occasions. A teacher of the institute supported the allegations.An inquiry has been ordered. The owner of the institute has denied the allegations.
Morinda-Baddi road to be four-laned
Chandigarh: The Punjab government has approved the four-laning of the Morinda-Kurali-Siswan-Baddi road at a total cost of Rs 71 crore. The construction work for the project will start from December 2012 and is scheduled for completion by June 2014.
Rajasthan feeder relining begins
Chandigarh: The Punjab government has initiated the complete relining of Rajasthan Feeder Project at an investment of Rs 952 crore. The project would be completed in four years.
Old age pension only for all India cadre
Chandigarh: The Punjab Finance Department on Wednesday clarified that the grant of old age allowance is applicable to pensioners or family pensioners related to Punjab cadre of the All India Services.
One IPS, three PPS officers transferred
Chandigarh: The state government on Wednesday transferred one IPS and three PPS officers in the state with immediate effect. A spokesman of Punjab government said Bikram Pal Singh Bhatti IPS has been posted as assistant inspector general, CPO Punjab, Chandigarh and Jaipal Singh, PPS, has been posted as SP Crime, Ludhiana, Bhupinder Singh Virk is the new SP Crime Patiala and Rakesh Kaushal, PPS has been posted as AIG/PPCR. Intelligence wing, Punjab, Chandigarh.
Haryana SHRC will be strengthened: Hooda
- Neemu Bhoumik seeks LS entry; people’s issues, Raiganj roots in mind
- Another Bittu, Simerjit file papers as Independents
- Firing at district food and civil supplies office, one injured
- Day after stand-off with EC, Didi vows ‘revenge’ over ‘insult’ by Delhi
- ‘Hate’ speech: Amit Shah moves HC for stay on arrest, quashing of FIRs
- Adarsh Shastri ‘covers’ for AAP’s Jaaferi