18-yr-old kidnapped, case filed
- Manohar Parrikar sticks to stand, warns of action against Coast Guard officer
- Coast Guard DIG on video: Blow the Pak boat off, we don’t want to serve them biryani
- Clean chit to AAP: Nothing wrong with foreign funding, Centre tells HC
- Fake encounter case: D G Vanzara walks free; says "Acche Din" have arrived
- Defence is at heart of Make in India programme, says PM Modi at Bangalore Aero show
Sachin Gupta, 18, was kidnapped late on Saturday evening from Basant Avenue, where his residence is located.
However, the police are still clueless about the kidnappers. After the boy's mother Ranju Gupta reported the incident, a case of kidnapping was registered at the Sadar police station.
The mother said the incident happened when her son studying in class XII was washing their car in front of their home. When she called on Sachin's mobile phone, she heard unknown voices demanding Rs 50 lakh as ransom for releasing his son, she alleged. Then onwards, the cell of the boy had been switched off. She added that her husband was on a business tour to Assam.
DCP Harsh Bansal said, "The investigation is on to trace the numbers and know the whereabouts of the boy. I appeal to the public to share whatever they know about boy or kidnapper and his/her identity will be protected."
Man arrested with drugs
The Shimlapuri police arrested Rajinder Kumar alias Raju of New Janta Nagar and recovered drugs from him on Saturday. According to Sub-Inspector Lakhbir Singh, the accused was arrested after he was found waiting for someone. The police recovered 52,360 sedative pills, 50,522 sedative capsules, 636 injections and 550 bottles of cough syrup from him. The police registered a case against the accused.