18-yr-old kidnapped, case filed
- Bengal unit of Congress in a fix after it tweets out controversial Rajiv quote
- Thank You, PV Sindhu
- Those who consider India their country should treat cow as mother: Jharkhand CM
- India should be a lot bolder in meeting military needs of Afghanistan: Hamid Karzai
- Army seizes weapons after encounter on Myanmar border
Sachin Gupta, 18, was kidnapped late on Saturday evening from Basant Avenue, where his residence is located.
However, the police are still clueless about the kidnappers. After the boy's mother Ranju Gupta reported the incident, a case of kidnapping was registered at the Sadar police station.
The mother said the incident happened when her son studying in class XII was washing their car in front of their home. When she called on Sachin's mobile phone, she heard unknown voices demanding Rs 50 lakh as ransom for releasing his son, she alleged. Then onwards, the cell of the boy had been switched off. She added that her husband was on a business tour to Assam.
DCP Harsh Bansal said, "The investigation is on to trace the numbers and know the whereabouts of the boy. I appeal to the public to share whatever they know about boy or kidnapper and his/her identity will be protected."
Man arrested with drugs
- PM's Balochistan policy: Gameplan, gambit or gamble?
- Lessons to learn from Rio Olympics
- Reminiscing after 70: What were the best decades of independent India?
- Inside Track: No party spirit
- There are systemic flaws and vulnerabilities. But India is on the right path
- Wrestlers lose face, and perhaps an Olympic medal, and NADA its credibility