18-yr-old kidnapped, case filed
- PM Modi's 'strategic restraint' choice: A virtue or a necessity?
- PM to people of Pak: Let’s go to war against unemployment, poverty... let’s see who wins
- Uri attack: Odia BSF jawan succumbs to injuries, death toll rises to 19
- Rain havoc in Telangana: Death toll rises to 8 in Medak
- Kashmir: Curfew imposed in Kishtwar following arrest of 3 charged with sedition
Sachin Gupta, 18, was kidnapped late on Saturday evening from Basant Avenue, where his residence is located.
However, the police are still clueless about the kidnappers. After the boy's mother Ranju Gupta reported the incident, a case of kidnapping was registered at the Sadar police station.
The mother said the incident happened when her son studying in class XII was washing their car in front of their home. When she called on Sachin's mobile phone, she heard unknown voices demanding Rs 50 lakh as ransom for releasing his son, she alleged. Then onwards, the cell of the boy had been switched off. She added that her husband was on a business tour to Assam.
DCP Harsh Bansal said, "The investigation is on to trace the numbers and know the whereabouts of the boy. I appeal to the public to share whatever they know about boy or kidnapper and his/her identity will be protected."
Man arrested with drugs
- Loud jingoism and war talk erode India’s credibility
- Phenomenon of the non-academic VC is part of a wider crisis of the university
- PM Modi must recognise Pakistan’s gameplan, and respond at a time and place of India’s choosing
- The government has failed to provide the right incentives to farmers
- The advent of the Fadnavis government in Maharashtra Marathas’ political hegemony
- Across the aisle: In search of a Pakistan policy