18-yr-old kidnapped, case filed
- NSA-level talks off: After war of words, India and Pak decide not to talk
- Security forces do their part, Saranda now waits for govt
- Death in Kerala’s mammoth love story, 50-year-old mourns alone
- Unbothered by NSA talks: At an India-Pakistan fair, they pick up the threads
- Kashmiri separatist leaders Bilal Lone, Shabir Shah and 2 others put under house arrest in Delhi
Sachin Gupta, 18, was kidnapped late on Saturday evening from Basant Avenue, where his residence is located.
However, the police are still clueless about the kidnappers. After the boy's mother Ranju Gupta reported the incident, a case of kidnapping was registered at the Sadar police station.
The mother said the incident happened when her son studying in class XII was washing their car in front of their home. When she called on Sachin's mobile phone, she heard unknown voices demanding Rs 50 lakh as ransom for releasing his son, she alleged. Then onwards, the cell of the boy had been switched off. She added that her husband was on a business tour to Assam.
DCP Harsh Bansal said, "The investigation is on to trace the numbers and know the whereabouts of the boy. I appeal to the public to share whatever they know about boy or kidnapper and his/her identity will be protected."
Man arrested with drugs