1963 batch of PEC celebrates 50 years of graduation
- India is now one of the most open countries for foreign investments: PM Modi
- India does not accept intolerance even if it is one or two or three incidents: Modi in UK
- 200 writers urge David Cameron to help 'safeguard freedom of expression in India'
- Woman gangraped by two security guards at Bengaluru's Cubbon Park
- 16 killed in twin suicide blasts in Beirut's Shiite suburb
Nostalgia was in the air as the alumni of the 1963 batch of Punjab Engineering College (PEC), University of Technology, re-united on Thursday, to celebrate 50 years of graduation from their alma mater.
The function witnessed 63 alumni gathered for the meet, including 29 who came from the United States along with their spouses.
S P Sharma, one of the alumnus, beamed with happiness as he spoke of the importance of meeting old friends. The alumni honoured three teachers who had taught them in 1963. They will leave for a trip to Kasauli on February 22nd.
- Having won a historic election, can Aung San Suu Kyi unite Myanmar?
- Indexing all the sarkar’s land
- Diary item: Rediscovery of Olga Gray
- The new bankruptcy code can stimulate credit availability for entrepreneurs
- With a few modifications, MGNREGA can dent poverty
- Centre should merge excise and service tax regimes as a precursor to GST