1963 batch of PEC celebrates 50 years of graduation
- If Land Bill has anything against farmers, I'm ready to change it, says PM Modi
- Essar Leaks: ‘Guests are very important people... Kindly see they are comfortable’
- Mufti to head 25-member cabinet; PM to attend his swearing-in on Sunday
- Economic Survey pegs India's growth at over 8 percent, says inflation easing
- Rail budget missed the opportunity to lay out an agenda for the future, writes Nitish
Nostalgia was in the air as the alumni of the 1963 batch of Punjab Engineering College (PEC), University of Technology, re-united on Thursday, to celebrate 50 years of graduation from their alma mater.
The function witnessed 63 alumni gathered for the meet, including 29 who came from the United States along with their spouses.
S P Sharma, one of the alumnus, beamed with happiness as he spoke of the importance of meeting old friends. The alumni honoured three teachers who had taught them in 1963. They will leave for a trip to Kasauli on February 22nd.
" Seven friends from the 1963 batch got together to organise this event", said Nitish Bansal from AccomBliss, a firm that helped organise the function." It took us three months of hard work, collecting information about the whereabouts of the alumni. We prepared a database of 130 people about their student days from the college records and then started contacting them through e-mails. They all were quite excited about coming together for the first time since 50 years," he added.