1981 housing scheme: DDA to distribute plots to home seekers
- CBI sought part RTI exemption, Govt gave it full
- Screen Awards: Milkha, Ram-Leela and Madras Cafe dominate
- DGCA seeks fresh public objections after clearing AirAsia for take-off
- Delhi: 51-year-old Danish national alleges gangrape, 15 detained for questioning
- I wonder if I will be able to ever reunite with my husband, my kids. I miss them: Devyani
In a ray of hope to 25,000 home seekers who had applied in a DDA housing scheme 30 years ago, the land developing agency has told the Delhi High Court that it would give physical possession of the plots to successful applicants within one and half years.
G S Patnaik, Vice Chairman of DDA, filed an affidavit before a bench headed by Chief Justice Dipak Misra saying the lay out plans, regarding 21, 328 plots, at various residential pockets in Rohini have already been approved by a screening committee.
"The layout plan of these pockets for various categories of residential plots are duly approved by the screening committee for plots numbering 21,328," the affidavit said. DDA further said the layout plans have been released by the Planning Department for "ascertaining feasibility, demarcation and subsequent allotment."
DDA had identified plots at various sectors in Rohini to liquidate the backlog of the Rohini Residential Scheme, 1981, it said.
DDA, which was earlier asked to take steps urgently for distribution of plots, said the exercise would take around one and half years.
Earlier, the High Court had come down heavily on DDA for delay for over 30 years allotment of plots to 25,000 home seekers.
The court was hearing petitions of various applicants, including P K Choudhary who alleged 25,000 people had applied for middle-income, low-income and Janta (poor) category plots of the housing scheme in 1981.
The bench, which was not satisfied with the submissions of DDA, had said the agency must come out with a "positive plan" to end the wait of applicants.
"It is pathetic to hear that some of the applicants have even died," it said, adding the Vice Chairman of DDA will have to take the responsibility.
The applicants, in their petitions, have sought a direction to DDA to furnish relevant records and allot plots immediately to applicants.
- Modi govt abetted and pushed 2002 riots further, we didnâ€™t in â€™84:Â Rahul
- Rahul gifts his land near Vadraâ€™s in Haryana village to sisterÂ Priyanka
- Hrithik Roshan, Hrithik Roshan Bang Bang, Hrithik Roshan starts shooting, Hrithik Roshan Katrina Kaif, Katrina Kaif bang bang | The Indian Express
- Indiaâ€™s biggest failing | The Indian Express