19th Annual Colors Screen Awards: Movie Magic
- Navy officer dies on board INS Kolkata off Mumbai
- SC calls Sahara proposal an âinsultâ, Subrata Roy to stay in jail till March 11
- I'm not a terrorist, Modi should have met me: Arvind Kejriwal
- Modi to hold 'Chai Pe Charcha' on women empowerment on Saturday
- Will not campaign for any candidate, says Anna Hazare
Ranbir Kapoor along with his mother, actress Neetu Kapoor will come together for a performance dedicated to a century of Indian cinema and 84 years of the Kapoor khandaan, at the upcoming Screen Awards
By Onkar Kulkarni
Just as the Screen Awards turns 19, youth icon Ranbir Kapoor, who'll be shaking a leg with his mother, Neetu Kapoor; the actress was herself a rage (as Neetu Singh) with the youth of 1970s. This announcement was made at a press conference for 19th Annual Colors Screen Awards, where the young Kapoor glided in doing his trademark Barfi! moves.
"Since my family has been associated with Indian cinema for over 84 years, my team and the event organisers thought of coming up with an act where my mother and I pay a tribute to Indian cinema. We will be dancing to the songs of the Kapoors. Our act will end with me dancing on Barfi! songs," said Ranbir, adding that his mother was a tad nervous as she had never done something like this on stage before. The actor revealed that he planned to perform with cousin, Kareena Kapoor, instead of his mother, but had to change his plans as Kareena was travelling.
The actor was thrilled that Barfi! received 18 nominations, the maximum for any film in the running for the awards. Though the film could not make it to the Oscar nominations, he hoped it would receive recognition at the Colors Screen Awards. He even joked about his presence at the press conference. "Jee han, maine Colors ko aur Screen ko bohot saari barfi khilayi, isiliye I got a chance to host this press conference," he quipped. On a serious note, the actor said that the awards were completely bankable, seeing the balance achieved by the Awards and its well established jury members, with their nominations that sees a mix of both commercial and small budget films in the running for the same awards.
- AAP chief to hold first public meeting in Gujarat today
- Nominations for North Bangalore primary begin
- ‘Our campaigning in the state will be out of the box’
- ‘Aai Retire Hotey’ to take the stage for 100th time today
- Class XII exams clash with polls, 4 postponed
- 11 traffic cops suspended for cop-out at key junctions