19-year-old stages kidnap, demands Rs 3 cr from father
- Congress says Togadia spreading venom; EC seeks recording of alleged hate speech
- Akhilesh Yadav tears into Narendra Modi bastion on maiden visit to Gujarat, says third front ready to govern
- Proponents of Article 370 should say how it has helped J&K: Rajnath Singh
- 1984 riots: Akalis protest over Capt Amarinder Singh's clean chit to Jagdish Tytler
- IPL 7: CSK register 93-run victory over hapless DD
Thirteen days after he went missing and his father began receiving SMSes demanding a ransom of Rs 3 crore, the Outer District police on Friday traced a 19-year-old who, police said, had staged his own abduction.
Police said the boy, a Class XII student, was traced to Old Delhi railway station by a police team.
"He went missing on December 21. His family did not lodge a missing complaint till December 23, the day when his father, a doctor, received an SMS demanding Rs 3 crore as ransom," a police officer said.
During investigation, police traced the location of the boy's mobile phone to Bardhaman district in West Bengal. Police said the boy's father hailed from here.
"Though a team was sent to Bardhaman with the boy's father, he could not be found. We also searched railway stations in Delhi and, during one of these searches, we found the boy at Old Delhi railway station," the officer said.
During questioning, the boy allegedly admitted that he had left home and plotted the abduction drama to get money from his father, police said.
- Being the humans of Bombay
- Mere pass space hai
- A ‘woman Modi’ seeks votes for Mulayam Singh’s party in Indore
- They refused to vote because of Kalyan, vow to turn out now and shut his son out
- Ex-Ulfa leader upsets equations in Bodo bastion Kokrajhar
- In Maharashtra, Muslims bitter but see few options beyond Cong