19-yr-old tribal girl raped in Dangs, one arrested
- Missing AN-32: All leads have turned out to be bad, says Manohar Parrikar
- 7th Pay Commission: Govt issues notification, relief to lakhs of central govt employees
- Kashmir unrest: Barring Anantnag, curfew lifted from all parts; schools remain shut
- At least 19 killed in knife attack at facility for handicapped in Japan
- Delhi: Auto rickshaw, taxi strike hits commuters hard in the city
Two men allegedly raped a 19-year-old tribal girl in the forest area of the Dangs district on Tuesday afternoon. One of them has been arrested, police said, adding that search is on for the other suspect.
The two suspects have been identified as Harshad Bharwad (29), a native of Bhavnagar district and his friend Shanker Parmar (40), a native of Surendranagar district.
According to police, the victim, a resident of Majirpada village in the Dangs district, was alone in her house as her parents left for some work. The suspects, who were doing odd jobs in the same village for couple of months, visited her house and forcefully took her to a nearby forest area, around two kilometres from her house and raped her for two hours.
The duo dumped her in the forest area. The girl returned home and waited for her parents to come back. She then told her mother about the incident and later she took her to Ahwa police station and lodged an FIR against the two suspects.
The police arrested Parmar, one of the suspects named in the FIR, from a bus stand, while the other suspect went missing after the incident.
The medical examinations of the victim were carried out at government hospital in Ahwa on Wednesday afternoon, police said.
- BJP was not dependent on Dalits to win Gujarat. But the apathy may cost in other states
- Jayalalithaa and Mamata defend Mayawati, recast politics on gender lines
- The Worship of False Gods
- As Trump’s support cuts across traditional lines, Hillary Clinton has a tough task
- SH Raza He was the last of Progressive Artists’ Group titans. Only the Bindu remains
- The recent violence against Dalits in Gujarat is a fallout of the Sangh Parivar’s diktats on food