19-yr-old tribal girl raped in Dangs, one arrested
- LIVE: ISI supports LeT, JeM and Hizbul, David Headley tells court
- J&K govt formation: Ram Madhav to hold talks with Mehbooba Mufti to break impasse
- Soldier, who survived Siachen avalanche, being flown to Delhi hospital
- DDCA row: Delhi HC dismisses Kirti Azad's plea seeking court-monitored probe
- Net bad assets of govt banks a third of their net worth
Two men allegedly raped a 19-year-old tribal girl in the forest area of the Dangs district on Tuesday afternoon. One of them has been arrested, police said, adding that search is on for the other suspect.
The two suspects have been identified as Harshad Bharwad (29), a native of Bhavnagar district and his friend Shanker Parmar (40), a native of Surendranagar district.
According to police, the victim, a resident of Majirpada village in the Dangs district, was alone in her house as her parents left for some work. The suspects, who were doing odd jobs in the same village for couple of months, visited her house and forcefully took her to a nearby forest area, around two kilometres from her house and raped her for two hours.
The duo dumped her in the forest area. The girl returned home and waited for her parents to come back. She then told her mother about the incident and later she took her to Ahwa police station and lodged an FIR against the two suspects.
The police arrested Parmar, one of the suspects named in the FIR, from a bus stand, while the other suspect went missing after the incident.
The medical examinations of the victim were carried out at government hospital in Ahwa on Wednesday afternoon, police said.
- Government must resolve growing burden of non-performing assets
- Outrage over police assault on students is meaningless
- Right to a toilet: For the health, dignity and safety of women in slums
- Raja-Mandala: Maritime India versus Continental Delhi
- The Akhilesh-Mulayam duet
- We have turned our back to the intense food and drinking water distress