19-yr-old tribal girl raped in Dangs, one arrested
- Elections 2014 LIVE: Uma stands by 'Modi not a good orator' remark; Swamy asks PC to 'improve Sonia's Hindi'
- RBI: Growth rate to stay under 6 per cent
- Buses go off road in Mumbai as drivers, conductors strike against long duty hours
- Narendra Modi has deep character flaws... wouldâve fought in Varanasi if I knew Hindi: PC
- US visa ban on Narendra Modi to be lifted if he becomes PM: Report
Two men allegedly raped a 19-year-old tribal girl in the forest area of the Dangs district on Tuesday afternoon. One of them has been arrested, police said, adding that search is on for the other suspect.
The two suspects have been identified as Harshad Bharwad (29), a native of Bhavnagar district and his friend Shanker Parmar (40), a native of Surendranagar district.
According to police, the victim, a resident of Majirpada village in the Dangs district, was alone in her house as her parents left for some work. The suspects, who were doing odd jobs in the same village for couple of months, visited her house and forcefully took her to a nearby forest area, around two kilometres from her house and raped her for two hours.
The duo dumped her in the forest area. The girl returned home and waited for her parents to come back. She then told her mother about the incident and later she took her to Ahwa police station and lodged an FIR against the two suspects.
The police arrested Parmar, one of the suspects named in the FIR, from a bus stand, while the other suspect went missing after the incident.
The medical examinations of the victim were carried out at government hospital in Ahwa on Wednesday afternoon, police said.
Deputy Superintendent of Police R B Yagnik said, "Both the suspects were staying in Majirpada for last few months and were doing odd jobs. Thought one has been arrested, the other accused is still at large. Both the persons are unmarried and were staying alone."
- As campaigning picks up, candidates focus on strength areas of rivals
- 143 restaurants offer 30% discount to voters on April 30
- Auto union strike: Drivers demand Tricity permit
- RO serves Pawan Bansal show-cause notice
- BJP releases ‘chargesheet’ listing 16 Cong ‘scams’
- From mobile apps to post cards to call centres, parties go all out to woo voters