2 advocates clash in HC parking area
- SC stays Teesta Setalvad's arrest till Friday
- Arvind Kejriwal meets PM Modi, raises issue of statehood
- We moved from politics of agitation to politics of hope, says Yogendra Yadav
- After Modi's rap, BJP workers shelve NaMo temple project in Rajkot
- Nitish parades his numbers, Bihar Governor calls Manjhi for floor test
Two advocates of the Punjab and Haryana High Court had a scuffle in the parking area of the Punjab and Haryana High Court.
According to one of the on-lookers, Dharmendra Rawat allegedly slapped Lekh Raj Sharma, ex-chairman of Bar Council and Additional Advocate General. To defend himself, Sharma also retaliated.
Sharma was immediately taken to the MLA dispensary where he was detected with very high blood pressure. The attendants there referred him to Government Multi-Specialty Hospital (GMSH), Sector 16.
Sharma was made to go through a medical check-up and the doctors said that he had no grievous injury.
One of the sources said that the license of Rawat was canceled by the Bar Council when Lekh Raj was the chairman.
However, later Rawat had managed to acquire a stay on the cancellation of the license and thus continued his practice.
No case has been registered by the police though the verifications are being carried out.