2 advocates clash in HC parking area
- Manmohan Singh a 'person of integrity, probity', says Sonia
- Now, a sting in Kejriwal’s tale: Colleague taped him saying let’s break Cong
- Dimapur mob lynching: Police say it's rape, Naga govt says could be consensual sex
- Aamir Khan: I apologise if 'PK' has hurt sentiments
- The AAP exchange, letter for letter
Two advocates of the Punjab and Haryana High Court had a scuffle in the parking area of the Punjab and Haryana High Court.
According to one of the on-lookers, Dharmendra Rawat allegedly slapped Lekh Raj Sharma, ex-chairman of Bar Council and Additional Advocate General. To defend himself, Sharma also retaliated.
Sharma was immediately taken to the MLA dispensary where he was detected with very high blood pressure. The attendants there referred him to Government Multi-Specialty Hospital (GMSH), Sector 16.
Sharma was made to go through a medical check-up and the doctors said that he had no grievous injury.
One of the sources said that the license of Rawat was canceled by the Bar Council when Lekh Raj was the chairman.
However, later Rawat had managed to acquire a stay on the cancellation of the license and thus continued his practice.
No case has been registered by the police though the verifications are being carried out.